Final Cut Studio [SOLVED]

HackintoshPlease

9 posts in this topic

I'm running ToH Install, updated to 10.5.1 with the Golden Kernel, and when I try to install Final Cut Studio, the Final Cut application is greyed out.

I used Pacifist to install it anyway, but it won't run. Says it cannot be used on this architecture.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks..

Edit:

I did the system over again, and now it works. Before, when I looked in About this Mac, it said Model - Unknown. This time it says Model - Mac. Everything's working great now except my NForce LAN!

I managed to get Final Cut Pro 4 installed, but upon launch it tells me:

Configuration error

This software requires certain hardware or software which is missing.

AGP graphics card.

I am running a nvidia 7600 with qe/ci working. Does anybody got any thoughts?

I'm running ToH Install, updated to 10.5.1 with the Golden Kernel, and when I try to install Final Cut Studio, the Final Cut application is greyed out.

I used Pacifist to install it anyway, but it won't run. Says it cannot be used on this architecture.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks..

Just for info sake:

XFX 8800GT using 10.5.2 kexts and NVInject. @1440x900

q6600 Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz

4 gigs of Corsair RAM.

Have a feeling it has something to do with your install. I used Kalyway and it runs very well. FCP 6 installed very smoothly and I am in a few days trying Motion. It has NEVER crashed. I see, every now and then the beach ball but its because my processor is fairly slow. My video card is the Nvidia 7600 GS and also working well. Have you tried installing the Kalyway version?

BTW, I first installed FCP 5 and then 6, the latter one is MUCH more stable. Try dumping the FCP 4 for a newer version.

Have a feeling it has something to do with your install. I used Kalyway and it runs very well. FCP 6 installed very smoothly and I am in a few days trying Motion. It has NEVER crashed. I see, every now and then the beach ball but its because my processor is fairly slow. My video card is the Nvidia 7600 GS and also working well. Have you tried installing the Kalyway version?

BTW, I first installed FCP 5 and then 6, the latter one is MUCH more stable. Try dumping the FCP 4 for a newer version.

I think (I might be wrong..) that because I have a 680i mobo, I have to use the ToH Install. I have Kalyway, but haven't ever gotten it to install. Then again, ToH had instructions.. with Kalyway I was guessing. By saying "architecture"--it thinks I'm PPC?? Or is it maybe the Golden Kernel that doesn't report something "authentic"? If I can't get it worked today, maybe I'll try to install Kalyway. Did you have to install with -x -legacy cpus=1 to get it to work? If so, does it make the cpu cores work later?

Sorry to ramble, but thanks for any help!

THIS THREAD btw, should be in the VIDEO CREATION forum... now to your questions:

FCP 4 is a PPC version, the first universal version of FCP was 5.1

FCP 4 required a AGP-card to run (check sys requirements @ apple) so that is where you error message is coming from. You must have rosetta installed on intel machines, and a AGP card.

The newest version of FCP is FCP 6.02, mostly installed via FCPStudio2. It requires as a minimum, version 10.4.11...

So those are your choices.

If you are not doing heavy-duty editing, try getting a universal version of FinalCut Express, or FCP 5.1

Bythe way, if anyone knows a good way to update FCP 6 to 6.02, please PM me...

good luck,

ninetto

THIS THREAD btw, should be in the VIDEO CREATION forum... now to your questions:

FCP 4 is a PPC version, the first universal version of FCP was 5.1

FCP 4 required a AGP-card to run (check sys requirements @ apple) so that is where you error message is coming from. You must have rosetta installed on intel machines, and a AGP card.

The newest version of FCP is FCP 6.02, mostly installed via FCPStudio2. It requires as a minimum, version 10.4.11...

So those are your choices.

If you are not doing heavy-duty editing, try getting a universal version of FinalCut Express, or FCP 5.1

Bythe way, if anyone knows a good way to update FCP 6 to 6.02, please PM me...

good luck,

ninetto

I'm trying to install Final Cut Studio 2. It's the latest release. It runs great on my MBP. It just doesn't think my Hackintosh is worthy. I'm running 10.5.1 with the 10.5.2 kexts for my NVidia card.