Security Update 2007-009 Makes Ethernet Drop?!

b16a2

7 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

This is my second consecutive Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 install on a Gigabyte GA-965p-S3 motherboard. I installed using the vanilla kernel, and am using all on-board hardware. Both times, the machine runs rock solid and everything works out of the box after install including ethernet. Everything works well until I run software update and install all of the current updates. All of the downloads are app-related, with the only 'system' download being the current security update (i think its 2007-009??). As soon as the update is finished, and I get back into leopard, I start having problems where after any amount of time, from half an hour to a few hours, the ethernet connection simply stops working, and I have to reboot to fix it. I have tested it by setting up large fedora downloads and leaving them over night. Before running software update, the download runs fine all night/day, no connection problems, however once I run software update, the downloads stop part way since the connection drops. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

I had this issue, and then I reinstalled to switch hard drives and the problem was gone (since I had done a fresh, non-updated install). I did the download tests, and then ran software update last night and set fedora to run overnight and same deal... connections dropped.

Has anyone around here run into this problem after the security update? Is there something that Im not doing correctly? Maybe the driver that is installed automatically could be possibly causing this issue?

Thanks in advance guys!

alot of people has this probelm with kalyway.. its not the updates,, my connection drops with or without updates... i think its a kalyway problem.. tons of ppl are getting connection drop.. i want this problem FIXED TOO!! i hate connectiond drops