Can't boot into Leopard

wickedmx

3 posts in this topic

I successfully installed leopard onto my Sony Vaio(VGN-FE38GP) using the iATKOS v1.0 with vista dual boot. Leopard was working until i followed the procedures to try and get the network going. Now whenever i try and log into OS X i get to the start up screen(silver with logo) and then a message comes down and states my computer needs to restart.

I have tried logging in a number of times with same result. Has something gone wrong with file permissions perhaps? how do I fix this?

Vista works fine.

Help will be greatly appreciated. :wacko:

Thanks

I successfully installed leopard onto my Sony Vaio(VGN-FE38GP) using the iATKOS v1.0 with vista dual boot. Leopard was working until i followed the procedures to try and get the network going. Now whenever i try and log into OS X i get to the start up screen(silver with logo) and then a message comes down and states my computer needs to restart.

I have tried logging in a number of times with same result. Has something gone wrong with file permissions perhaps? how do I fix this?

Vista works fine.

Help will be greatly appreciated. :wacko:

Thanks

It might be the network driver that you installed panic the kernel. While your comp starting up, press F8 and type: -v to boot in verbose mode and identifying the kext that cause kernel panic.

Thanks velvtek, so the verbose mode is sort of similar to safe mode in windows then.

Anyway, I logged on, restored the file to its original state, did the repair disk permissions, and then for some reason the network all of a sudden decided to work. I am now typing this on Safari...yay.

Still got a few problems to sort out like audio, display resolution, and my express card slot and then we'll be all good. At least now i don't have to reboot into Vista to search out solutions.