Sony VAIO CR, Kalyway Installs fine, Reboots, starts Leopard but screen is blue. no picture, only voice commands

Lyon

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

First off, my laptop specs:

Core 2 Duo T7100 

Intel 965GM

Intel GMA X3100

2gb RAM

I'm able to boot using Kalyway's 10.5.1 DVD. I use Disk Utility to repartition my harddrive into 2, with one as MS DOS for Windows and partition 2 as MAC OS Extended Journal. I proceeded to install on partition 2 and it completes successfully and prompts for a restart. Upon restarting however, I only see a blue screen and nothing else.

In the background, a music plays, followed by the voice command. I activate it and proceed with the setting up of a new user account by having the commands/text read out. (The screen is still blue) This continues throughout the setup till i initiate the shutdown command.

Is there a reason why I can't see anything except a blue screen? Everything else works. =x

I can see the Apple Logo against a grey background btw.

I did not select the vanilla kernel or the SSE2 files. I used MBR partitioning. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I found this posted on a site I can't mention here ;)

seems to have been written by the kalyway team but on 10.5.2. still worth a try. please tell us if things work since I too have a CR and would like to jump on the wagon...

if you have problems on reboot with video gfx (blue or black screen)

All you have to do is just press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type -s (single user mode) then

at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

then it will be prompt to move video drivers by class ( nvidia ; ati ; or intel gma) voila!

type yes to confirm or enter to skip !

• 8 months later...