[FIX!] Booting Kalyway, Computer Reboots

r00ter

4 posts in this topic

I was like many of you. I was so excited. Kalyway's DVD in hand, I thought I was but a few minutes away from having Leopard on my own Hackintosh. Four days later, I am writing this to you from my very own Hackintosh. Many of you may have had the issue where after installing Kalyway, the darwin bootloader flashes a few lines of code, leaving us all with one answer: ;). But no worries, a fix is here.

The problem occurs with Pentium 4 processors, whether SSE3 or SSE2. The reason? Beyond me. It is vital that only the correct graphics card drivers are selected. The real problem, lies with the vanilla kernel. I have proven this on two Hackintosh's that the vanilla kernel causes the reboots. Using the sleep kernel, works just as well. So, grab a beer and install again - as it will work! :P

I hope that helps some of you.

I just finished installing 10.5.1 off of Kalyway and I'm running into the same issue (sort of). When I boot off of the drive with OSX installed to it, I get a screen with one line of text: b0 (the 0 has a dot in the center). If I boot up from the DVD, I enter the restart loop.

So to resolve it, I should reinstall Leopard off of the Kalyway dvd and select what? Only the drivers for the graphic cards that I use? The sleep kernal?

Great, just reloaded the installer (boy, that takes a few minutes!) and I am starting the process of reinstalling. I'll update you on its success.

So since the issue is with the vanilla installer itself not the graphics driver, there isn't a method for correcting it post install other than reinstalling?

Edit: What is the difference between the NATIT_gfnvidia and NVINJECT_gfnvidia_desktop driver packages? Does NATIT_gfnvidia contain the desktop drivers and something else or is it an alternate means of loading the drivers? I'm installing with NVINJECT_gfnvidia_desktop for this try.