Issues with Kalyway Leopard dual booting XP

malaka000

8 posts in this topic

OK, first off, I hope I will not get flamed with replies telling me to search the forums, because I've searched and I can't seem to figure out how to fix my issues.Im running a Dell Inspiron e1705.Windows XPSSE2/SSE3Partitioned the HD with a 20gig drive for a leopard install with partition magic.Installed Leopard with Kalyways latest installer.Everything installed perfectly. Reboot, I get the b0 error.Reboot with DVD and I load up Leopard and it runs BEAUTIFULLY!When I reboot, I still have the b0 error, i have no choices of windows/leopard.If I try to load up with the DVD again, it goes into the installation, not into Leopard.I reinstalled, same thing happened. Got into it, loved it, restarted, dead.Where am i missing the part in the installer to activate the bootloader.Where am i missing the part in the installer where it lets me boot without the DVD?I've been messing with this for a week now and I'm getting frustrated, i would really appreciate a little help here. I'm still new to this scene, and I would love to learn more.If you have any questions for me about my setup, ask, ill be checking this often.UPDATE:fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (enter) update (enter)f 1 (enter)w (enter)q (enter)got me back into my windows partition. leopard is still installed on the other partition, i just need to be able to boot to it. how??

95% sure you drive isnt set as active and bootable, inert the kaly cd and unmount the leopard disk the run these commands in terminal

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (enter) replace 0 with your drive number, unless it is 0

update (enter)

f 1 (enter) replace 1 with the patition leopard is being installed or already installed on, if its not 1

w (enter)

q ( enter)

Remember this only works for mbr, and it will set the drive active and bootable

ok didnt realize you already did this lol, where you type f 1, are u sure the 1 is for leopard or windows, and if the install is on 2 diffent drives set the leopard drive to boot in your bios

david

i typed f 1, actually it was flag 1, which set my active partition to my original (xp) partition, which allowed me to boot back into windows. 2 is leopard, but if i set it to that, i get the HFS+ Partition error. i just wish i could get darwin bootloader to work. doesnt seem to want to work for me. again, the leo install isnt working. its there. it should work, but doesnt. so irritated :(.

ok so after reinstalling a few times, and not knowing what the hell i was doing...i probably still dont :blink:

i realized in the customize install option, you have to choose either MBR or GUID. i tried GUID and gave me

the same issues. i tried MBR and it boots into osx without the dvd in the drive.

now i just need to get into windows AS WELL!. getting closer!@

ok Here is one method that will work:

Make it so that you can boot into windows (not leopard).

do the chain0 method:

chain0 is a file located in /usr/standalone/i386 containing the x86 bootsector for Darwin. If you copy it over to the root of your Windows system partition (usually C:), it can be used to boot Mac OS X through Windows XP's boot selector by adding a line to boot.ini:

C:\chain0="Mac OS X86"

chain0 will locate the HFS+ partition and will proceed to boot from it.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Chain0