iATKOS Refuses to Install? Kaly refuses to boot? Sheesh!

kelvinnn

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys,I've a Fujitsu P7010D - yes. It's that small 10.6inch UMPC :)

Basically, I've *never* been able to get any osx86 running on it.. (in the past, tried JaS 10.4.8, etc) - but not success.

So here goes - let's try Leopard - maybe Leopard would work better than... Tigers!

I grabbed Kalyway 10.5.1 (which worked perfectly on my other laptop, an Acer 5920G) and installed it.. 3 times:

1st: EFI/MBR Bootloader selected - silly. because there isn't SSE3 support on the centrino

2nd: EFI/MBR + SSE2 selected - looks normal, however.. it just doesn't appear the UI.

3rd: SSE2 selected - blinking cursor

Yes, I've messed around with -v, -s, -f, "vanilla", "tohkernel", no-go!

Nothing boots. Damn :(

Then I tried iATKOS 1.0i r2.. booted up from it, and... oh wait. installer refuses to start.

What the hell. The Apple gray screen stays stuck there... with -v the messages just stay there..Strange stuff. Anything I should be looking out that could help?

Oh. the error as to why iATKOS refused to even start the installer is:

'Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi componenets; use only one style' - here's the error as to why iATKOS refuses to boot up. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Regards,

Kelvin

Well.. if you're meaning as to whether SATA is set and stuff... this laptop uses an IDE drive.. so... yea.

Also, there's only one hard disk, and one dvd drive, and hard disk is set to boot first.

Any settings which I should look out for? It's also an empty hard disk...

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,I've a Fujitsu P7010D - yes. It's that small 10.6inch UMPC :help:

Basically, I've *never* been able to get any osx86 running on it.. (in the past, tried JaS 10.4.8, etc) - but not success.

So here goes - let's try Leopard - maybe Leopard would work better than... Tigers!

I grabbed Kalyway 10.5.1 (which worked perfectly on my other laptop, an Acer 5920G) and installed it.. 3 times:

1st: EFI/MBR Bootloader selected - silly. because there isn't SSE3 support on the centrino

2nd: EFI/MBR + SSE2 selected - looks normal, however.. it just doesn't appear the UI.

3rd: SSE2 selected - blinking cursor

Yes, I've messed around with -v, -s, -f, "vanilla", "tohkernel", no-go!

Nothing boots. Damn ;)

Then I tried iATKOS 1.0i r2.. booted up from it, and... oh wait. installer refuses to start.

What the hell. The Apple gray screen stays stuck there... with -v the messages just stay there..Strange stuff. Anything I should be looking out that could help?

Oh. the error as to why iATKOS refused to even start the installer is:

'Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi componenets; use only one style' - here's the error as to why iATKOS refuses to boot up. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Regards,

Kelvin

Ok then, I too have the same problem on an acer travelmate 240 laptop (upgraded ram 750mb) - Got the same problem as you with Iatkos and just get a constant reboot with Kalyway but I did manage to install 10.4.1 (I know its old, but at least it installs) with I think one of the Jas strains. If you have any luck with leopard on Iatkos or Kalyway I'd be interested in hearing.

Ok then, I too have the same problem on an acer travelmate 240 laptop (upgraded ram 750mb) - Got the same problem as you with Iatkos and just get a constant reboot with Kalyway but I did manage to install 10.4.1 (I know its old, but at least it installs) with I think one of the Jas strains. If you have any luck with leopard on Iatkos or Kalyway I'd be interested in hearing.

Update: I've also tried the iatkos R1, r2, equte1, equte1 + bad bios versions. The bad bios version goes the furthest but freezes before it gets to the installer. Tried every switch, at this stage Im thinking it must be an incompatability somewhere in my acer travelmate 240.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I can't help you, but I want to say I have the same error (the "Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi componenets; use only one style" part).

I tried different types of "distro's", but none would work:

- Kallyway: just keeps rebooting right after passing the boot screen)

- Leo4All: samen story as Kallyway

- iATKOS (R2), gives me that ACPI_SMC_PlatformPluging error.

Because the last one atleast gives an error, I was focussing on that one. But I tried patches, searched the internet, but I haven't found a answer :thumbsdown_anim:

Is there anybody who has a tip I/we can follow to get pass that ACPI stuff?

Is there something I can change in de BIOS what could help?

Thanks in advance.

I'm having exactly the same problem! I have an HP Pavilion ze4900 series Intel Celeron M 320 processor.

1. Kalaway (with mbr) (Installs fine)

- Sticks at the gray apple without vanilla kernel

- Keeps rebooting with vanilla kernel

- Sticks at the gray apple with vanilla kernel and "tohkernel" boot option

2. iAtkos (won't load installer)

- Gets stuck with "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" error

Anyone have any luck with theirs?

I was able to get Tiger to run. Although it was very rough (System Preferences wouldn't open, no wifi, software installs locked up, etc.)

yep.. same, I'm having a problem installing Leopard as well

I am using an Acer Travelmate 240,

Leopard reboots every time just after it loads all the .kexts, and is about to start booting OSX Installer.

But I can get Tiger 10.4.6 to run, although the Travelmate 240 by nature is incredibly slow, and sluggish so it's no surprise Mac OS doesn't run well.

I think I'm going to just try get the latest version of Tiger and run that but I'll check back with any ideas if they ever come my way

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem with com.apple.driver.acpi_smc_platformplugin "has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi" on my Dell Vostro 1500 laptop, Using the Kalyway 10.5.2 image. Tried hacking the image by replacing some kexts according to another post, couldn't get the new disk to boot at all.

I've tried different BIOS revisions for this laptop, different BIOS options, kalyway, leo4all, iatkos. I can't get the DVD to boot past this message.

extension "com.apple.driver.acpi_smc_platformplugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

ioapic: version 0x20 vectors 0:23

I'm having the same problem guys, I don't know what the deal is, tried using iATKOSv2 and Kalyway 10.5.2 in my dell inspiron 1720 and nothing has shown any progress. In kaly it gives me the error you guys described and in iATKOS it gives an almost identical one. It's something like "panic(cpu 0 caller #######) Unable to find driver for this platform ACPI etc etc... Tried everything from vanilla to toh. In the bios i have flash cache disabled along with dual core support. Can't really think of anything else to do at this point and am having trouble finding the answers on here. Everything that i have found in relation to this problem have happened post install for versions of Tiger. :(

hy folks

i have the exact same problem. it can't be that this problem is around for so long and no one has found an answer. please can some one help us, i tried it with the new iAtkos v2.0 release and i get the exacte same error.

first i thought it's because of my SATA HD but now i see that others have this problem to with IDE HDs. hope someone can help.

greez

I have the same problem with com.apple.driver.acpi_smc_platformplugin "has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi" on my Dell Vostro 1500 laptop, Using the Kalyway 10.5.2 image. Tried hacking the image by replacing some kexts according to another post, couldn't get the new disk to boot at all.

I've tried different BIOS revisions for this laptop, different BIOS options, kalyway, leo4all, iatkos. I can't get the DVD to boot past this message.

extension "com.apple.driver.acpi_smc_platformplugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

ioapic: version 0x20 vectors 0:23

Just a follow up on my own post. I took two directions to try and fix my 10.5.2 install problem. First step, blow away the entire existing partition map. I originally didn't want to, as I had an xp install, and thought I could modify the existing partition map. (as I have done this on my other hackintosh installs). Secondly I reburned kalway 10.5.2 and iatkos 2.0i as slow as my burner would burn. slowwwwwwwww. 2x I think. Well I still could not get kalyway 10.5.2 to boot beyond the aforementioned error message. BUT iatkos booted fine (like it did last time), the install went fine, and when I rebooted the system, I was in!!!!

So on my Vostro 1500 I got iAtkos 2.0i installed. Ethernet worked out of the box. NVinstaller 42 worked with the 8600m 256mb. Just need sound and wireless.

I'm not sure what cause the sucess this time, whether it was the reburned dvd or partitioning from scratch.

hope this helps someone else.