Zephyroth's Leopard install error?

Raidz1

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, nice forum and projects you have going on here..

On i'm installing Zephyroth's Leopard 10.5.1 ISO.

And following this guide (http://osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_amd.php)

From the step 5:

>> List disk

>> Select disk [disk #]

>> List partition

>> create partition primary id=af

>> active

Entering that in Disk part, gives me an error of:

There is insufficient free space ot create a partition at the specified size and offset.

Specify different size and ofset values or don't specify to create the maximum sized partition.

I have enough space free. on my Main OS, and my Leopard partition. But i did notice that something was not right..

When i typed list partition, it listed my partitions right, but come to my last partition (leopard) It registers the size of 6103MB with an offeset of 106GB. I think that is very odd. As my main partition, has 96 GB with an offset of 10GB.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :-)

Ok so i just deleted the partition i created, and re did it with disk part and it worked. Now the problem i have came across is that Leopard is not recognizing my Laptop's Hard drive. I am clueless as to why.

Any help please?

I've had the same not finding the hard drive problem. I am using Zephyroth's disk. It's been checked for errors and my cpu has sse3 capability.

Hardware:

Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818 (laptop)

MB: I'm not positive, I think it's an ATI- if you could help me find out where, let me know

CPU: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 TL-60

HD:Toshiba 160GB (5400 RPM); Serial ATA hard disk drive

RAM: 2GB PC5300 DDR2

Graphics: ATI x1200

Ok.. i haven't really messed with this a whole lot. can you point me in the right direction for me to do some "figuring out" on how to do that? also, I've noticed comments about problems arising w/ nvidia kexts.... do i have to worry about that/

Thanks for your help, I appreciate your time!

Here's what I found:

Under storage controllers I have the following:

Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers:

IDE Channel (times three)

a few Ricoh memory stick controllers

two Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE controller

I expanded every tree and found no entries that had the word SATA in it. Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

I found this-> http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i...php/t62183.html. does that sound like it might apply to me?

Here's what I found:

Under storage controllers I have the following:

Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers:

IDE Channel (times three)

a few Ricoh memory stick controllers

two Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE controller

I expanded every tree and found no entries that had the word SATA in it. Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

I found this-> http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i...php/t62183.html. does that sound like it might apply to me?

Yes, that is your laptop. ;)