Final Cut Pro?

legionX

13 posts in this topic

well I used to have a nice PPC G5 tower, but it fried during a lightning storm. I had the original discs when I had that machine but have since lost them in moving so the one I'm trying now IS a downloaded copy.

I can neither afford a new G5 tower nor a new copy of FCP so it'd be really nice if I could get this to work.

Open system profiler and see if your main ethernet adapter has en0 as this:

BSD Device Name: en0

If not (for example if says en1 or something else), your problem is easy to solve. Edit the following file:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

and make sure to assign en0 to your default ethernet card (you will need root access). If that doesn't work, or if your network interface is already en0, you'll need to replace your AppleSMBIOS.kext file, there are some floating around but you'll need to make sure it matches your OS version.

BTW, this is a common problem so there are lots of post about the subject, just do a search and you'll find more info about it.

I have OS X 10.5.1 running on my PC (No EFI or Vanilla).

I d/l FCP 4 and it works fine on 1st try.

I also have working installs (also bt d/l versions) of Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 and DVD Studio Pro 4. Both worked fine since their 1st run.

I have not started any production in any of those apps yet but they all load to the interface just fine. Iv'e played around in their interface's (timeline, sequence tabs, prefs and other options). Everthing seems fine for me.

Make sure your hardware can support FCP.

Don't know what to else tell you dude!

No no. fw0 is your firewire card (Apple supports IP over firewire). What you need to change is your network interface card. If you don't have one, or if it is not being properly recognized, that could be the cause of the problem. Your Network Sysprofiler screen should look like this:

post-6945-1201909006_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

i must track this topic and try this when i return home

i have this problem since i switched to wireless (fc crash)

so if i need to use final cut i need to change the network adapter and boot with yukon (ethernet)

let's hope i will solve it after all. :P

EDIT

YES!!!! :D

it was so fuxxxing simple!!!

thankzzzzzzzzzzz