tauge

WiFi or Bluetooth

17 posts in this topic

Both my Wifi card and BT is detected. But can't get them to work... anyone?

WiFi: Atheros Communication Inc. AR5001-0000-0000

BT:IOGear (Detected and all but cannot be turned ON. Option grayed out)

Advertisement

my built in wifi neither works nor is it recognized (intel pro wireless), but today i plugged in a siemens usb wifi adapter which was recognized as a usb device but not as a network adapter. i tried to modify the AppleAirport.kext with the 'ol VendorID/DeviceID trick in nano, but nano didn't show any code in the file. anybody got an idea? (maxxuss???)

Can somebody point to me where i can get my AR#### working as per on this thread? i am really desperate.

Yea, my friends card gets picked up in the boot mode (verbose) but can't use it in Mac OS X.. Any suggestions? patch location or what patch it actually is?

Mel

Got my BT working with the workaround below! Stole from another postLinky

Try to delete AppleFPMemDriver.kext

I deleted this file, then USB keyboard & mouse works fine.

May be off topic but in the absence of wifi, is there a way of configuring internet and netwrork connection sharing between a pc and osxpc? I used to do it between 2 PC's but it seems that the options in the mac are only limited to file shareing.

May be off topic but in the absence of wifi, is there a way of configuring internet and netwrork connection sharing between a pc and osxpc?  I used to do it between 2 PC's but it seems that the options in the mac are only limited to file shareing.

Yes if you have BT on both PC you just have to enable DUN (Dial-up networking profile) on the PC(BT Advance config->Local Services bla bla bla) Theorectically should work but I don't have two BT adapters to try out......... another way is to us GPRS heh... :)