Remote Disc

empreality

7 posts in this topic

Engadget

Although you can disable the "ask before allowing others to use my drive" sharing option, if you have not done so users will be prompted to ask permission to use the drive at each connection. (Also, there's no client whitelist or anything like that, it's all ask permission, or none.) If you've already asked permission on that drive and disc, if you stop using it and come back to it, you have to ask permission again.

Mmm...I just love the good ol' smell or irony in the morning...

And here I thought UAC being mocked in the apple commercial.....meant it was a real annoyance.... *siiigh*

It says in the article "Despite its shortcomings, it did work exactly as advertised, and with zero fuss". Which is true, it does everything Apple advertised and nothing more. Not being an Apple fanboy here, there are HUGE shortcomings with Remote Disc but hey, its the first version and its software based so we can expect to see updates to the software in the future :shock:

I have one question. Who the hell is really going to use remote disk? When you can just log into the remote computer via finder and then use the drive. You can even watch movies over the network. and it's more secure sense you have to have the computers password + you dont have to get up to go say yes to a stupid question.