Intel DG33TL compatibility?

3 posts in this topic

I really like the features of this board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813121315

No legacy ports, on-board firewire, and Intel G33 / ICH9DH / 82566DC / GMA X3100, Sigmatel STAC9271D. I haven't found any evidence of anyone trying it in a hackintosh though, and Intel boards seem to be hit-or-miss in terms of out-of-box compatibility.

From the research I've done scouring forums and the HCL it looks like the board might work with some patching (it'd be nice to use the on-board video, but I'll probably put an 8800GTS in it eventually anyway).

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either this board or it's northbridge/shouthbridge/LAN/GPU and audio chipset before I make the plunge...

Well, looks like nobody has gotten the Intel 82566DC LAN to work on this (or other boards), which is a real bummer. Next best thing appears to be the Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R, which isn't too bad (though it has all those useless legacy ports on it, and I'd have to rely on a port of the open-source linux Realtek gigabit driver to OS X for full networking functionality)... incidentally, has anyone tried a Wolfdale CPU yet?

• 1 month later...