Almost Perfect LEO Hackintosh! Help please, please, please.

plprado

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I´ve been trying to solve this for a long time and had no success, please, any help is welcome. Please be patient to read. Thanks!

I only need to get my FX5500 to work with qe/ci and dual-monitor under Leopard. Already tried ALL VERSIONS of Natit, NVinject and Titan and ALL Leo releases available. I was able to get qe/ci with Titan, but no dual-monitor. In Tiger I had it all working with Natit, what makes me think it MUST be possible under Leo. Here´s what happens:

Natit and NVinject: I get a blue screen with only the mouse cursor after boot (even in verbose mode) and can´t do nothing. Sometimes the desktop flashes once, then the screen is blue again. Sometimes I get a frozen desktop.

Titan: I get QE/CI but no dual-monitor

Other thing is, if I replace some kexts like AppleACPIPlatform and AppleSMBIOS, Natit works with dual-monitor, bot no qe/ci, and the monitor preferences crash whenever I try to open it. What I want to know is: what´s the relation between these kexts (natit, titan, etc. with AppleACPIPlatform and SMBIOS) and why replacing them affects the video driver?

What else could I try to make Natit complatible with my Leopard install since in Tiger it works perfectly?

many, many thanks.

Are you sure you haven't been using Titan AND Natit at the same time? They conflict if you did and it yields nothing. Just my two cents. Good luck.

Yeah man, I´m sure. But thanks for your two cents anyway.

This is sooooo frustrating...

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem using Natit and NVinject with a 6200 AGP card. I researched it and it seems that you need to edit a kext or something. It's been several months now since I did that and I've forgotten exactly what and how. I remember trying to get dual screen to work with my video card's VGA and DVI-D ports. Sorry couldn't help you with more than this vague reply. Run a search on the forum and on google for enabling dual screen for hackintoshes running leo.