AMD install, nforce5

m0rb0

3 posts in this topic

I can get the installer to boot, and it properly detects my 2 SATA drives. However, when I go to partition/format the drives using DiskUtility the system angs for many hours, and finaly returns a disk timeout error after several hours.

I *think* the problem is the instal DVD I'm using (Zephyroth) only has the nforce4 drivers. I found the nforce5 drivers, but they are in .mpkg format. I don't know how to patch my iso to include the nforce5 drivers, and delete the nforce4.

Am I on the right track? Or can I simply not use osx86 with my hardware?

Athlon XP x64 4200+

Abit K8N SLI motherboard (nForce5)

I'm having the same exact problem. I can't seem to find any tutorials on how to patch the necessary kexts (excuse me if I'm wrong, I'm totally new to this) into a downloaded ISO. Could we please get some help? This would be helpful so that we don't have to wait for somebody's new CD release.

• 3 months later...

Where did you find the nforce5 drivers? PM me a link if you can... I've had absolutely no luck finding any. I grabbed the nforce drivers from medevil and got my install to boot once, but now it says mac os version not set and hangs/locks up shortly there after. doesn't detect my sata drives at all... the only disk I can boot is kalyway 10.5.2 intel/amd.

I'm trying to put together a custom disk for my system - this would be most helpful.