Would it be possible?

apreichner

3 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if it would be possible. Right now Leopard and pretty much any OS X doesn't like me because it wont install to any of my internal hard drives. Even if I take it out and put in a blank hard drive and set it as primary, it hits an I/O error. Which is interesting because I installed OS X before a while ago and it worked. But anyways that isn't my question. My motherboard (ASUS A8N5x AMD Athlon 64) supports booting from external drives. I was just wondering if I would have any complications with taking a current NTFS drive I have and splitting it to create a FAT32 partition to install Leopard on. Would I have any trouble installing and booting it? Has anyone ever tried this? I know I'll probably have to set it as the primary partition on the drive, is there anything else I should take into account?

That will work, this may be a stupid question, but you are using an AMD Leopard version right? I am not trying to be a {censored} head, it is just some people don't understand that part sometimes, also are you sure that you didn't get a bad burn or something?

I'm pretty sure that I didn't get a bad burn. I actually tried 4 or 5 different ISOs not including Leopard. The leopard image I downloaded was an AMD version and the author of it said it worked on his A8N5X (same as mine). I have a hard drive enclosure so I have taken the hard drives out and they seem to format fine on a real mac when I plug them in to USB and use disk utility. But even if I try to format and bring them over and go to install, I get errors. On two different drives. Mostly I/O errors. It could possibly be because the time I got OS X to work was when I opened a hard drive out of the box for the first time and as soon as I put it in I installed a 10.4.3 and then installed a 10.4.6, it might be because I didn't try formatting to FAT32 again, but I don't see how that makes any sense because I couldn't install on a HFS+ format that i did from my imac.