How do I know if everything works?

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've finally got Leopard 10.5.1 on my AMD pc with almost everything working (ethernet doesn't work yet)...now I was wondering, besides the profiler, is there a application/terminal command that tells me what still doesn't work on my pc???

All of this because on startup I get a black screen with a lot of things written in white and some of them say: unable o load... or xyz error...etc I also get a yellow string that says : unable to load com.apple.driver.APPLEI386GENERICPLATFORM

p.s. Leopard seems to work perfectly...witout any errors or crashes...

You get those "errors" or warning msgs because you're not running an original mac. That's all. The only real (except for the profile app) way for us hack-users to really know if our machine works is by using them and reading the posts of people with similar hardware in the forum.

If you don't get any weird kernel exceptions or your computer isn't slow or crashing randomly then It's probably safe to say that it's working OK.

Cheers,

hecker

it mean's use your machine for a while and when things don't work, you'll know for sure.

for eg. when you try to put your machine to sleep, it works or it doesn't

when you try to change resolution, it works or doesn't

when you try to play sounds, it works or it doesn't

etc.

Those messages when booting are pretty normal.

By the way, what meathod did you use to install on an AMD pc?

First of all I installed Tiger...a version for AMD by Maxxuss...then I installed over Leopard...AMD version...now I don't remeber which exact versions...but if you need them I can search better...