ASIO support for JaS 10.4.8

vectorman

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I've installed JaS OS 10.4.8 and have updated to 10.4.10 with Asus P5B.

I've succesfully installed my RME HDSP9632 professional sound card using its own OSX drivers.

When I try to run Cubase, it doesn't find the ASIO drivers...

My guess is that the ASIO support has been deleted from the extensions on JaS OS.

Can anyone help?

ASIO was used in OS 8 & 9 iirc, but was made entirely redundant when apple introduced core audio - from the sounds of it you have a seriously out-of-date copy of Cubase, and you should probably updateotherwise, it's possible that cubase isn;t picking up your core audio device either - does the device show up in the system prefs and audio manager?ASIO was used in OS 8 & 9 iirc, but was made entirely redundant when apple introduced core audio - from the sounds of it you have a seriously out-of-date copy of Cubase, and you should probably updateotherwise, it's possible that cubase isn;t picking up your core audio device either - does the device show up in the system prefs and audio manager?

This is probably *not* what you're looking for, but if you're running Windows audio applications over Wine, there is a way to get them to "see" an ASIO driver. On Linux, it's done with a combination of the JACK audio server and WINEASIO and works amazingly well. On OSX, its called JackOSX and JackWASIO.

Take a look at this thread over at kvraudio for instructions:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...asc&start=0

I haven't gotten it to work on OSX (application crashes when loading the ASIO driver). I'm guessing that maybe JackOSX and JackWASIO were designed for Tiger (I tried on Leopard).