Installation of Leopard...

karlo123

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if I will have problems with my current setup?Also, If you could tell me how and where to install the drivers that would be much apreciated.Oh and by the way, I'm using this DVD .iso

Thanks in Advance.

SPECS

• 15.4" WXGA High-Definition Brightview Widescreen
  • Processor: AMD Mobile Sempron
  • 1.8GHz, 512KB L2 Cache, Up to 1600MHz system bus running at AC/DC Mode 35 watt
  • Memory: 1024mb DDR2 667 MHz
  • Harddrive: 120GB SATA
  • Optical drive: Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 graphics and NVIDIA nForce Go 430 chipset
  • OS: Genuine Windows® Vista Home Premium and Dual-Booted With Genuine Windows® XP Professional
  • Wireless: 802.11 b/g, configurable 802.11 a/b/g and Bluetooth
  • three USB 2.0 ports
  • ExpressCard/54 slot
  • Integrated Altec Lansing stereo speakers

I've been searching the net and this was the best guide i found, but its a tad too complicated.So i've got the install disc patched for AMD, but I want to know If I could make a triple boot with all three using EasyBCD 1.7.

Thanks in Advance.

Also, If you could tell me how and where to install the drivers that would be much apreciated.

Oh and by the way, I'm using this DVD .iso

If you get that installed let me know, I have a V6000 and have tried many times to install with no luck. I'd be willing to try some installs to get it working if someone has actually had success with it, but I dont think anyone has had any success thus far. Mine is a V6110US. GOOD LUCK!

Can anyone please help?

The SATA hard drive will likely be a problem with Zephyroth 10.5.1... Only way to tell is to try it. Otherwise, your best bet is to install to an external (USB) hard drive. Failing that, you would have to build a new Install DVD with the proper SATA .kexts. They say it can be done, but I've never tried it.

concerning EasyBCD, i could not get the 1.7 working with mac boot and choosing partitions.

an older version worked, though.

as a general hint: if install on sata fails, use an external usb drive.

it worked for me and moving to an internal partition is easy as well.

The SATA hard drive will likely be a problem with Zephyroth 10.5.1... Only way to tell is to try it. Otherwise, your best bet is to install to an external (USB) hard drive. Failing that, you would have to build a new Install DVD with the proper SATA .kexts. They say it can be done, but I've never tried it.

Where can you find the SATA .kext?