What about Atheros L2 Lan Driver?

Rishikesh

10 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Realtek 8139-PCI is working here. What's the problem with it?

What do you mean "appropriated memory"?

There's a thread for the Attansic L1 driver which is nearly identical to the L2 but they stopped working on it :) cause nobody could debug it.

• 2 months later...

ok guys, i could not find the patch nor could i get my hands on xcode to compile the linux driver and try. so i sunk in and bought a Linksys LNE100 for $20 and got my network up and running. It does NOT work out of box but it uses the tulip 1.02 drivers and it works FLAWLESSLY. and ill do you one better. instead of making you hunt for these kexts ill send u a link. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=6115&hl

Download the 1.0.2 not the 1.2 cause for that particular card all the 1.2 does for me was cause a boot dependency and then if i removed the card, booted osx and removed the driver, replaced it with 1.0.2 and then replaced the card and went to system prefrences->Network and set up a static ip. the network was up and running.

• 1 month later...

I have the same board and ended up buying a generic brand realtek 8139 chipset LAN card for $8, which works out of the box with Kalyway 10.5.2.

I'm also looking into joining the dev team for this driver (if there is one). If anyone has a starting point for me, I'd appreciate a PM.

• 11 months later...