WOOT IT WORKS! - Take A Look

AppleSlave

10 posts in this topic

Works flawlessly with the iATKOS realese. I'm running a DELL E1405 with the T7200 2.0ghz Core 2 Duo and 2gb of RAM.

I had to edit my MBR with fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0 to get it to boot. This essentially hosed my Vista boot, but all of my data is still there!

OK, now my questions!!

How do I get rid of the Core 2 Duo Lag?

How do I get it to boot the first time around instead of having to let it boot, reboot, then finally boot?

How do I get sound working?

That's pretty much it.

Out of the box the Broadcom 440x and Dell 1500 Draft-N wireless all work well....

u may have to disable a core to get rid of lag. boot with cpu=1 and then while in the install, go into terminal and put in 'sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' and add cpus=1 to kernel flags.

o no, i mean while ur in the actual leopard install. not the dvd. Yes do it from the terminal in OSX. Remember this will disable one core so it will be a Core Solo after that.. but it will run much smoother. Vista of course will still be dual core.

Thanks mtono, do you know how to cure the power profile? My fan is running non stop... :D and I see the console errors for powerprofiles. I also need to get my audio working...

Oh ya, when I hook up an external display, how can I have OSX just use that display instead of both my laptop and main monitor?

Works flawlessly with the iATKOS realese. I'm running a DELL E1405 with the T7200 2.0ghz Core 2 Duo and 2gb of RAM.

I had to edit my MBR with fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0 to get it to boot. This essentially hosed my Vista boot, but all of my data is still there!

OK, now my questions!!

How do I get rid of the Core 2 Duo Lag?

How do I get it to boot the first time around instead of having to let it boot, reboot, then finally boot?

How do I get sound working?

That's pretty much it.

Out of the box the Broadcom 440x and Dell 1500 Draft-N wireless all work well....

most of your answers and solutions are here