HFS+ Partition Error

wasabinc

9 posts in this topic

Hey,I am new here, my name is ben. I have been wanting OSX on my PC for a long time and I made the attempt today but it was a failure. I have a Dell E1705 with Vista installed on it. I already had a partition that I had been using for a long time so I deleted everything on it and attempted to install leopard there. I used the iatkos 1.0 on my intel computer. Once I got in the dvd, I was told to go to disk utility and do something (i forget). it didnt work so i tried changing the partition's format to a mac format and it didnt work. I erased everything on the partition finally. I tried to install darwin but it didnt work because "the disk refused to mount" (something like that). I didnt touch the partition with vista on it by the way. Now, i started to get a bit pissed so i rebooted and tried to go in vista to look for a solution. I saw this: "HFS+ partition error". i tried booting back in the leopard cd. same thing happened. Now, the only thing i can do is log in to the bios. Right now, i am on my sister's mac. I have been trying to look for a solution for an hour and a half but nothing worked. I am really worried that my dell is broken because it costed 2500 dollars and my dad will kill me. Please please please help me. I also have all my homework on vista, and an extremely important short story due in 4 days. please help me.please you guys i need help

You wont get much help, unless you first search for a solution. This is a common error. There are many threads on this topic. Google is your friend.

Don't erase anything yet ! Always back up everything BEFORE you start. I have had to reformat and install windows and osx MANY times. Expect to have to reinstall everything, every time. Then you will be prepared.

Good luck. ;)

Well I had the same problems too, i've found these 'solutions', but none helped.

I cannot stand people who always tell other people to search. Sometimes that has been done but doesn't help.

Yes, sometimes that is the case; however, if you really want to start a war like this take it somewhere else. People here are constantly helping, and if they weren't, you wouldn't be here.

As for the original issue:

wasabinc, grab your Windows Vista CD (or download one from a torrent and burn it) load up your BIOS and set CD to boot before HD. Load in your Vista CD, let it recognize your Vista partition, and do an automatic startup recovery on it. Vista should rewrite the MBR for the drive and allow you to boot again. If you can't do this or you can't get a hold of a CD, go on over to gparted and download a copy of their bootable CD's which I believe have the capability to write a Vista-compatible MBR.

Well I had the same problems too, i've found these 'solutions', but none helped.

I cannot stand people who always tell other people to search. Sometimes that has been done but doesn't help.

I can understand your frustrations. This isn't easy. Dual booting with efi is new and there are many "issues".

You have been a member for just a few days. Relax. Take a deep breath. Smile. Learn. Search. There are problems that require different solutions because of hardware differences. Similar problems often require different solutions. Search again, re-phrase and search again. There is probably a solution.

Everything is ok. It's just a stupid computer.