problems with disk utility and leopard

urgonah8me

4 posts in this topic

ok well iv tried all week to figure this out.. and i really tried not to make a thread on it.. but i just canttt do it i need help

so this is my problem.. in disk utility it shows all my partitions (Acer, Mac , Leopard) so i want to install leopard on the leopard partition... (the other 2 are fine and i dual boot with them greatly...

but when i click on the leopard parition to erase it and make it formate as mac journaled... it doesnt do it... it just keeps it as ms dos... and it changes the parition name from leopard to something like disksos04...

So i am unable to have a parition to install leopard on... the only way i can actualy have the chance to install it is to wipe the entire HDD which i dont want to do (again..) or i have the chance to overwrite the Tiger parition.. but then in acronis OS selector it says there is no OS on the parition or it is locked so i cant choose to boot into leopard...

man this post looks really complicated i hope someone understands what i mean...

Tried both things you mentioned already and it makes no difference :censored2:.. i wonder if its because theres to many partitions (which would be stupid)

hey btw man you have a rig kind if simular to mine... hows leopard on that thing? iv been thinking about putting it on my pc, but i keep reading somewhere that people cant use al 4 cores? or they have to type cpu=1 everytime they boot?

and the whole powershut down thing doesnt actualy shut down everything unless you hold the power button for a few seconds?