New in this community...

osxxx

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I was saving money to buy an iMac 20" Core 2 duo 2Ghz, but as i was searching in google i found out about the osx86 community, and realized that with these money i could build a dream machine, but i am really confused.

Can anyone help?

Building an osx86 machine runs like an Apple Mac computer?

I can run all the applications just like as it was an Apple machine?

Can i install hardware, like a printer or an external soundcard, which has mac osx drivers and work without a problem?

Will i face any problem with the disk speed, cause i work with recording audio?

And about the machine that i was thinking to built,

I was thinking an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 with 8GB ram DDR2 800, i intent to use only one DVDR and one hard disk and wireless network, but i have a problem deciding.

Can anyone recommend me a micro atx motherboard with firewire and capability to run the above specifications?

I was looking for the Asus P5K-VM, will i have any problem installing Leopard 10.5.1?

Is there any better micro atx motherboards which will install without problems and run better?

I was looking for a nVidia Quadro FX 3400 or 3450 graphic card, will it work flawlessly in dual screen?

And lastly what DVDR should i buy, does it de SATA?

take a look at wiki.osx86.org

that will answer a lot of your questions

my system works, so i can work with it, there are some glitches here and there, but they will be fixed with the time, some glitches are fixed before apple, some after. ( talking about osx 10.5)

If you build your PC around OSx86, you can make it work just like real Macs. That is, if you get hardware that they use, core 2 duo, newer geforce/ati, etc, intel 945 or higher chipset, then it will run fine most of the time. But usually you'll have odd quirks like reboot/shutdown/sleep not working, or other odd glitches that don't show up in real Macs. That said, you ought to pick up a real Mac someday, even if it's a Mac Mini. They're quite useful for installing osx86, if you have Core 2..