Paragon NTFS problem

veresdaniel

7 posts in this topic

Hello!

I would like to ask some help about Paragon NTFS. I recently bought a HDD and put it into an extrernak USB case. Becouse of compatibility issues I need to use ntfs filesystem on this drive. I installed Paragon NTFS and plugged the hdd. After that i recognized, that the icon of the drive was not shown on my desktop, but in /Volumes/Drivename I saw it.

If I open this path in Finder, I can see the contents of the HDD, but I can't read or write anything on it.

I can see the hdd in Disk Utility too, but at the bottom of the window the path field is empty.

With clicking on repar Disk button, osx fixes my disk. After that the icon appears on my Desktop and after that the drive works properly without any errors.

I don't think this is the best way to use my ntfs drive, and would like to find the solution to avoid useing Disk Util every time I connect an ntfs drive.

If you have any idea or suggestion pls write. Thnaks

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!

I would like to ask some help about Paragon NTFS. I recently bought a HDD and put it into an extrernak USB case. Becouse of compatibility issues I need to use ntfs filesystem on this drive. I installed Paragon NTFS and plugged the hdd. After that i recognized, that the icon of the drive was not shown on my desktop, but in /Volumes/Drivename I saw it.

If I open this path in Finder, I can see the contents of the HDD, but I can't read or write anything on it.

I can see the hdd in Disk Utility too, but at the bottom of the window the path field is empty.

With clicking on repar Disk button, osx fixes my disk. After that the icon appears on my Desktop and after that the drive works properly without any errors.

I don't think this is the best way to use my ntfs drive, and would like to find the solution to avoid useing Disk Util every time I connect an ntfs drive.

If you have any idea or suggestion pls write. Thnaks

usally with external drive ( USB), you need to enable owners: sudo /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a /Volumes/VOLUME_NAME

• 5 months later...

I'm using Paragon NTFS 6.5 on my Hakintosh (I have Leopard 10.5.2 and Vista installed on different hard drives).

Everything works fine except one issue. When I copy some files to a NTFS drive and later open it using Windows, the copied files are marked as hidden. That means I can't see them until I change their attributes. It happens with different software like DiskOrder, Adobe Lightroom, etc. However, when I copy a data using Finder, there is no problem. Anyway, I have the issue and hope you could suggest me a solution.

Why not use FAT, as far as I know, Mac can write to FAT volumes (USB Disk Drives)

Fat doesn t support file larger than 4gb ...that sucks

Everything works fine except one issue. When I copy some files to a NTFS drive and later open it using Windows, the copied files are marked as hidden. That means I can't see them until I change their attributes. It happens with different software like DiskOrder, Adobe Lightroom, etc. However, when I copy a data using Finder, there is no problem. Anyway, I have the issue and hope you could suggest me a solution.

Weird !! works perfect here

• 1 month later...