Other programs have sound except Quicktime Player - Sigmatel 9750

Misa

6 posts in this topic

I have a rather strange problem: My audio works from the beginning (at the setup pages when I first turn on my computer after installing Leopard on my Hackintosh), and it also works for VLC, iTunes.

This morning I downloaded the guided tour from apple advertising Macbook Air, then played it using Quicktime (which is default), it appears to have no sound played. First I thought this might be a corruption of the file, but when I tried other .mov files, the problems still occurs.

I'm using Dell Latitude D600, with the audio is Sigmatel 9750, my OS X is Leopard Kalyway 10.5.1. If anyone has any clue about this issue, please give me a comment. I really appreciate that.

Thanks.

Most of the time it is a CODEC issue check under Library/Quicktime for what codecs are installed, DivX codec are needed, Filp for MAC toplay web related AVI's and I had one specific "A52Codec.component: a A52Codec that i had toinstall to watch certain DVD's and AVI's

Hope this help you in the right direction?!

SticMAN

Thanks for your reply, I haven't tried your solution yet, but I only tested on *.mov files, so I think quicktime doesn't need any extra codec to play that type of files, just like Windows Media Player doesn't need anything else to play *.wmv files. Anyway, I'll try it in a moment and post the result here. Once again, thank you :(.

By the way, could you tell me some places to download codec?

The first time you need something Quicktime will take you to a website where you will find MOST of them!

DivX you can get from start at DivX.com its opensource¨

On the xxx10.4.11 DVD there is an installer called "qtcodecs" it has all of them! so search for or get the dvd

The ONLY one not well known is the A52Codec codec but if you know top search for "A52Codec" then find it and load it.

SticMAN

I've check the directory Library/Quicktime but it's empty :D .

• 3 weeks later...