sumit381

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I just install 10.4.8 on my computer:

AMD X2 3800+

ECS Nforce4-a939 motherboard

120GB HDD

1 GB G.Skill RAM

XFX GeForce 6800 w/ 256mb

The resolution that I am currently running at is 1024 x 786 but my monitor is capable of 1280 x 1024. I have looking for while online on how to upgrade my video card drivers to display the 1280 x 1024 resolution but I have had no luck. I looked at the MacVidia site but I think they are currently working on fixing the site so I couldn't download the drivers from there. Also, I read some posts of QE/CI in system profile to check if they are enabled. When I looked in the system profiler, it said CI and QE are "not supported". Is that true for a geforce 6800? How can I enable this?

I have also been looking at these to programs called Natit and Titain. I think I read that these programs help enable the CI/QE stuff. If so, how do use them and which one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Natit is more recent than Titan (it's t-i-t-a-n backwards). I've used both in various installs, I am unsure about their support for the 6800, but as the Mac OS supported the Mac version of the 6800, I'd be hopeful.

Consult the HCL in the wiki...

Patrick