Whats the better CPU

20 posts in this topic

this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115029

seriously, you have every reason to get intel over amd.

If you have the money definitely go with this choice, it is very fast and a very good deal.

Google toms hardware, he has cpu charts so you can decide what processor is best for what you are doing, the benchmarks have helped me a lot in choosing a processor.

If you have the money definitely go with this choice, it is very fast and a very good deal.

Google toms hardware, he has cpu charts so you can decide what processor is best for what you are doing, the benchmarks have helped me a lot in choosing a processor.

Get a job at McDonalds and buy an Intel + a new mobo

That's what I would have done at least :D

Real funny guy you are.

Would you like to know that I'm 55 years old and disable and can't work.

I have heavy metal poisoning from being a welder for 25 years and now i can't walk and use a wheelchair.

I hope you feel better having said that.

Real funny guy you are.

I have heavy metal poisoning from being a welder for 25 years and now i can't walk and use a wheelchair.

He was just joking. You don't have to be mean about it. It's not his fault you can't understand jokes.

Real funny guy you are.

I'm sorry. I really am.

Didn't want to be mean nor to poke fun of anyone, honestly.

Please pardon me if I offended you. :rolleyes:

This generation of AMD is lagging very very behind. From my personal experience, the X2 is not much improvement from the the single core performance wise. If you already have a 3700+, stick with it for a little longer. There's really really not much sense to upgrade to a X2 3800 OR 4000+. To be quite honest, X3800 will feel slower than single core 4000+ interface wise, except in instances of multi threading (watching a movie while copying a large file, the file will be copied in a little less time).

Once you have saved enough money, make the switch to Intel platform. The performance gain on comparable cpus across two platform are anywhere between 35% to 200%. Also Intel CPUs run much cooler, consume less power and are much more overclockable. Ultimately, you have the choice of installing stock kernel with Intel CPU when you try to build a Leopard hackintosh.