B0 error

tmanbt

9 posts in this topic

I am a NOOB trying to install kaly 10.5.1 I get the b0 error AFTER what looks like a clean install. Can someone provide instructions as to what I am doing wrong. A simple 1-2-3 instruction would be helpful. Platform is a dell D800 and Dell GX620 both get same error. THANK YOU

I am a NOOB trying to install kaly 10.5.1 I get the b0 error AFTER what looks like a clean install. Can someone provide instructions as to what I am doing wrong. A simple 1-2-3 instruction would be helpful. Platform is a dell D800 and Dell GX620 both get same error. THANK YOU

boot the installer disk but before installing use disk utility to partition the drive, choose options and select either guid or mbr. when installing choose customize to select the efi for the appropriate partition type.

hopefully this will help you out

Where do I select GUID or MBR ? Only see fat and journaled. I can only select efi with Vanilla is this correct. I think I am just using the install incorrectly. HELP.... Thanks

when your in the disk utility choose the partition tab, select how many partitions you want. you will see an options button on the bottom of the screen. I would suggest trying the master boot record first.

also you may find that leaving the kernals unselected in the install customization may be more compatible. make sure to choose the the mbr efi

Tried GUID and it went to the end where it said install complete the reboots and I get the apple logo with the spinning circle underneath and it just sits there at that screen.. any ideas ? S*cks being new at this but at least I am learning something... Thanks PCAMEL

type -v at the bootloader and it may come up with a kernel panic (i know i had the issue as well)

Depending on which version you have, you may also have to apply the brazil patch.

A good guide is at www.digitmemo.com, it actually helped me quite a bit

I got kalyway 10.4.10 and installed that first.

Then i went ahead and installed 10.5.1 and it worked first time, all i needed to do was apply the brazil patch.

Interestingly enough though i can't seem to get 10.5.1 to work by itself.

I tried guid and it didn't work. It seems my mother board doesn't like efi.