external hard drive

sonicspeed720

4 posts in this topic

i have an external hard drive, and windows/mac on my computer. though, i'm unsure which format is best. i have a few files that are more than 4 GB that i would like to put there and i have the third party programs that will let me read/write ntfs from mac and read/write hfs+ from windows...but i don't know which format is best for this external one...advice?

NTFS USE with Windows READ/WRITE

HFS+ USE with MacOS READ/WRITE

NTFS with Paragon software USE with Windows and MacOS READ/WRITE (very stable) ****would be and is my choice****

HFS+ with macDrive Software USE with MacOS and Windows READ/WRITE (stable)

SticMAN

Hi SonicSpeed:

I have a small External 2.5" Hard Drive with 120GB Capacity. I created three partitions (for Mac and Windows). The Mac partition (40GB) is formatted with Mac OS Extended so I can boot off the drive or use Apple's Migration Assistant. The Windows partition (60GB) is formatted as FAT32 so that both Mac and Windows can read and write to. I have third Windows partition (20GB) formatted with NTFS so I can store files that are larger than 4GB.

I use La Cie's SilverKeeper for Mac OS X to perform scheduled backups of Mac and Windows files and directories.

--danyel :(