peerless

9 posts in this topic

Is there any other approach different than:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<value>1680x1050x32</value>

or

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<value>"Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32"</value>

to set loading screen fits my display resolution?

I've tried everything including @freq but with no success.

See the hardware in my signature, thanks!

Is there any other approach different than:

to set loading screen fits my display resolution?

I've tried everything including @freq but with no success.

See the hardware in my signature, thanks!

it can be done this way

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

Vesa standard graphics modes do not include any wide screen settings so you will never get 1680 x1050 resolution to display by editing com.apple.boot.plist. It will automatically default to the nearest setting it can find which will nomally be 1280 x1024

Vesa standard graphics modes do not include any wide screen settings so you will never get 1680 x1050 resolution to display by editing com.apple.boot.plist. It will automatically default to the nearest setting it can find which will nomally be 1280 x1024

Well how come when I enter

"Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32" the bootloader runs @ 1680x1050? (My monitor even reports that resolution during the boot process in the information panel display).

Well how come when I enter

"Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32" the bootloader runs @ 1680x1050? (My monitor even reports that resolution during the boot process in the information panel display).

Clearly your x1800 firmware supports other modes than pure VESA. It's late & I'm having difficulty getting the boot order clear in my head.. but it seems to me that the boot.plist is being read in, requesting a mode from the gfx card, and then the kextcache comes in with the gfx driver.. or is it vice-versa..

Either way it is a solid fact that pure VESA won't do widescreen. whatever it is that's doing it ain't compliant :blink: