RosettaMac bench

ced1610

20 posts in this topic

pleese, guys, download Altivec Fractal Carbon, and launch it

it's a mandelbrot calculator with Altivec optimisation.

it 's PPC only and it works under Rosetta.

this can show us the real speed of Mactels for now, in waiting for Intel apps.

My score: 123,71 on xbench 1.2

Scores on Altivec Fractal Carbon :

Without Altivec : 258,36 Megaflops

With Altivec : 3574,52 Megaflops

(a 400 Mhz G4 is about 1300 megaflops with altivec)

(PC intel Users : remember that Altivec emulation is supported ONLY on 10.4.3 8F1111(a-g))

please post your results with your xbench score.

pleese, guys, download Altivec Fractal Carbon, and launch it

it's a mandelbrot calculator with Altivec optimisation.

it 's PPC only and it works under Rosetta.

this can show us the real speed of Mactels for now, in waiting for Intel apps.

My score: 123,71 on xbench 1.2

Scores on Altivec Fractal Carbon :

Without Altivec : 258,36 Megaflops

With Altivec : 3574,52 Megaflops

(a 400 Mhz G4 is about 1300 megaflops with altivec)

(PC intel Users : remember that Altivec emulation is supported ONLY on 10.4.3 8F1111(a-g))

please post your results with your xbench score.

I knew about this already. My x86 Hackintosh gets about 2,700 MegaFlops with AltiVec under Rosetta. My iBook G4 1.2GHz gets about 4,800 MegaFlops. My Hackintosh Xbench was about 93 without Beam-Sync enabled, my iBook's Xbench was around 35 though.

thak you New001 for your reply !

it seems to tell us that with a third as fast processor, rosetta is in real middle speed of an actual g4 Mac....

it would be interesting to see if Imac intel or MacBookPro have an other version of rosetta (more powerfull...)

please, lucky guys who have REAL intelMacs reply to this post...

thanks.

Guest AaloPalto

Hey

on my Athlon 3200+ and OSX 10.4.3:

w/ AltiVec 1769.8

w/o AltiVec 298.0

Radeon X300, CI & QE Support

1GB RAM DualChannel

The values are different everytime i let it run.

cu

thank you for response AaloPalto....

is there any macintel USERS on this MAC forum ??????????

i want to see the real power of CoreDUO in rosetta....

thank you for responses...

Just got my new 17" iMac Core Duo and wanted to post the results...

My results:

3433.3 MegaFlops with AltiVec turned on

734.8 MegaFlops with AltiVec turned off

Hope that helps.

Just for referrence, I think it was a Dual 2GHz G5 I tried at the apple store. It scored ~16,000 MegaFlops.

Guest AaloPalto
Just got my new 17" iMac Core Duo and wanted to post the results...

My results:

3433.3 MegaFlops with AltiVec turned on

734.8 MegaFlops with AltiVec turned off

Hope that helps.

I upgraded my pc to an X2 3800+ dual core and got 3851.2 w/ AltiVec.

So its an nice value, but OSX isnt usable since those weird hangs :/

cu

Thank you guys

in fact ours intel (or AMD of course...) based Osx86 machines aren't too slow...

for a coreduo 2 ghz altivec emu report 3433 megaflops...

our machines are about 3500 too (mine is 3574`...)

that seems tell us that 8f1111g have a good Rosetta, and the real 10.4.4 haven't a best altivec emulation than our machines...

in conclusion, don't be afraid to (buy ???) install new softwares.

our machines are like the new ones...

good job Maxxuss and Jas.

i will test this tonight (if i get 5 minutes to myself) on my new hackintosh, running a Pentium D 920 (dual core 2.8Ghz, 2Mb L2 cache per core), intel 945G chipset, 2x512Mb DDR2-667 in dual channel mode. hoping for some serious Rosetta performance. :D - afaik dual core should really help (rosetta will run on one core while the rest of the OS runs on the other)

will post my xbench from the current machine (using the GMA950), then will repost once my X1800XL arrives :P

Thank you guys

in fact ours intel (or AMD of course...) based Osx86 machines aren't too slow...

for a coreduo 2 ghz altivec emu report 3433 megaflops...

our machines are about 3500 too (mine is 3574`...)

that seems tell us that 8f1111g have a good Rosetta, and the real 10.4.4 haven't a best altivec emulation than our machines...

in conclusion, don't be afraid to (buy ???) install new softwares.

our machines are like the new ones...

good job Maxxuss and Jas.

doesnt look too good for mac on intel to be honest. i currently have a powerbook 1.33ghz w/ 1.25GB ram (1.83ghz macbook pro on the way) and its killing all you intel users...i hope buying the new macbook isnt a downgrade...

current powerbook scores:

5224.4 w/ altivec

837.6 w/o altivec

Guest AaloPalto
doesnt look too good for mac on intel to be honest. i currently have a powerbook 1.33ghz w/ 1.25GB ram (1.83ghz macbook pro on the way) and its killing all you intel users...i hope buying the new macbook isnt a downgrade...

current powerbook scores:

5224.4 w/ altivec

837.6 w/o altivec

Yeah, your CPU is indeed 'killing'. lol

It runs native (no rosetta), and my dual core amd gets around 3800 on an emulator.

So _what_ is your powerbook killing? An emulated synt. benchmark? Well, be proud of that...

cu

PS: just wait for the binary versions of all that mac softs, then let us try again

are you serious man (drewx2...) ????

do you know differences between Intel binary and emulated ????

i think that your are not on the right way... but it's just a comprehensive problem,

i tell you what you must know : this tread is for having any idea ABOUT THE PPC EMULATION under Rosetta !!!!!

we all knows that an emulated PPC can't be More fast than a REAL PPC, but your results (when they are done on a real Intel Mac or on a Intel/AMD pc...) are able to show us the quality of PPC emulation under 8F1111(a-g), only to know if our favorite osx86 is egual to an original Apple Intel based mac...

but in fact i want to know if there will have an 'Intel Fractal Carbon' and we'll see the differences (note that if it is what you want to know, there is already Xbench for that !!! and if you look for our results, you will see that our system are in native VERY FAST !!!!)

for note : My Xbench result is 123,71...(23% more fast than a dual 2 Ghz G5 ? with a single core 3,9 GHZ Prescott processor with only 1 Mb cache ????)

I know this, I purchased a Macbook Pro 1.83GHZ, now comparing your results on 3GHZ+ x86 processors vs my lowly 1.83ghz coming soon. I can come to the conclusion that they will be slow compared to my current powerbook. Yes I know the difference between emulated and non emulated.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

drew, your macbook pro will be slower than your powerbook for PPC applications. but it will be orders of magnitude faster in general operation (native OS), and using any intel-native apps (including all Apple-shipped stuff in the OS, iLife, iWork etc).

i too have a powerbook g4 12'' 1.33Ghz with 1.25Gb RAM, and it is a SLOW machine, lets face it, which is why im going to sell it and buy an intel iBook as soon as they're announced, cos even a core solo ibook will beat a powerbook g4, IMHO, thanks to much faster bus speed, RAM speed etc.

i will test this tonight (if i get 5 minutes to myself) on my new hackintosh, running a Pentium D 920 (dual core 2.8Ghz, 2Mb L2 cache per core), intel 945G chipset, 2x512Mb DDR2-667 in dual channel mode. hoping for some serious Rosetta performance. ;) - afaik dual core should really help (rosetta will run on one core while the rest of the OS runs on the other)

will post my xbench from the current machine (using the GMA950), then will repost once my X1800XL arrives :)

Now we know you got your x1800XL but only that benchmark is missing from here

drewx2

excuse me, for the impact of my words, i'm french and i'm not paiyng attention for any words that can tell you another thing that i want to say.

i don't think that your DUAL 1,8 ghz coreduo will be less fast than my p4 3,9 Ghz.

you will have double of my cache, two cores with too sse3, two altivec emulated...

i'm sure that you will be happy, lesson to me, i'm sure.

lucky guy...