XBMC

Onetrack

12 posts in this topic

what benefits would this bring OS X owners? I just looked around the net a little for some info on XBMC and I don't see the killer feature...

forgive me for being ignorant on these things, I don't own an Xbox...

NO..

It is more a replacement for clunky and horrible front row.

XBMC on an original xbox is the king of media centers out there right now, it is fantastic its being ported to other platforms.

It is miles beyond windows media center

it supports a good 60 or so codecs, and has a ton of plugins.

read up on it. It is definately the ' killer app ' for the original xbox

So this is doing something that Connect360 already does?

NO..

It is more a replacement for clunky and horrible front row.

XBMC on an original xbox is the king of media centers out there right now, it is fantastic its being ported to other platforms.

It is miles beyond windows media center

it supports a good 60 or so codecs, and has a ton of plugins.

read up on it. It is definately the ' killer app ' for the original xbox

If it does what it's supposed to do, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully, they won't do something absolutely stupid like make it Intel only (there are still tons of PPC users out there).

If it does what it's supposed to do, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully, they won't do something absolutely stupid like make it Intel only (there are still tons of PPC users out there).

But if they're porting this, then PPC is going to be hard to incorporate, especially considering that even the original xbox was x86 based... (i think)

I actually dont mind FrontRow on Leopard, however XBMC is amazing. I recently well, over the summer, bought an original XBox solely for XBMC and to play a few old games on a console (Have a PS3 and Wii as well), anyways, the features in XBMC are endless! I love being able to stream all of my movies from my storage drive. Also all the plugins are great, if only the Joox plugin still worked thats was awesome too. I didnt even upgrade the harddrive on the xbox, just modded it with the IDE cable trick, which was quite sketchy I must say, but all worked out.

I fully support XBMC although I dont think I would use it as a FrontRow replacement. Still an interesting project nonetheless.