RadioHead on iTunes

Numberzz

6 posts in this topic

That band, that was once to revolutionary, has now gone back to the old fashion way of doing things. They now have a contract and now are back on iTunes. If you remember, way back when, Radiohead put all the songs on their website available for purchase at any price the customer wanted to pay. The average customer paid about $3.50, and the band got every one of the dollars it earned, none of it went to the record companies.

20080103-bdx23s631d2ym6nye4y7iu261n.jpg

Full Story

That band, that was once to revolutionary, has now gone back to the old fashion way of doing things. They now have a contract and now are back on iTunes. If you remember, way back when, Radiohead put all the songs on their website available for purchase at any price the customer wanted to pay. The average customer paid about $3.50, and the band got every one of the dollars it earned, none of it went to the record companies.

20080103-bdx23s631d2ym6nye4y7iu261n.jpg

Full Story

I love Radiohead so much. I have only just started listening to their music, but it is brilliant :wacko:

Glad Radiohead made the jump to iTunes. I've read a few reviews on iTunes that complain about Radiohead getting taken advantage of by selling their music there or giving in to "big business." What complete BS.

Radiohead made the choice to put their new album on iTunes Plus, which comes with a new digital booklet, as well as some free, live music videos in the form of podcasts. I bought In Rainbows off their site for $4 when it was still available for download, but I may buy it again on iTunes to support their choice and to support them in general. They're untouchable, in my opinion, and I really hope their earlier albums make it there, too.

Actually, Numberz, it was only In Rainbows that you could download off their site. You'd have to be a sucker to buy it off iTunes now... except for the fact that the sound quality in the original download was quite bad, and it was missing tracks.

Actually, Numberz, it was only In Rainbows that you could download off their site. You'd have to be a sucker to buy it off iTunes now... except for the fact that the sound quality in the original download was quite bad, and it was missing tracks.

Mine had all the tracks and not that bad of a sound quality. Granted I got it from torrent a couple weeks after it was out.

You'd have to be a sucker to buy it off iTunes now...
It's no longer available for download on their site; you can only order the $60 discbox now. Also, everyone claims you could get it free, but you had to pay at least 0.45 euros for processing.

Radiohead chose to make In Rainbows available on iTunes, DRM-free, so people could either hear it for the first time, or so those who originally bought it off their site for next to nothing could buy it again to support them.

On a slightly unrelated note, why do so many people think Apple rips off the artists? Is there any solid evidence of this? I think many mistake iTunes for being a music label, but it's only a distributor. If Apple really took most of the money, I think we'd hear about it a lot considering it's the top online music store.