Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i Error On Install

AgtWonderbread

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.41 on my Dell Dimension 3000. I used CPUID to verify that my system has SSE3 and it does. My problem is at boot it doesn't get past the apple screen. I tried -v to see the errors and it gets to AppleIntelPIIXPata 80-conductor cable not detected on primary channel. ;) I tried the same disc on a Lenovo desktop at work and it booted into the OSX install without any problems. I've verified in BIOS that my hdd is recognized and it is. I've tried reformating my hdd to no avail. As of right now I have XP Home installed. I wanted to use uphuck's disc to repartition the drive, install OSX on a middle partition, then reinstall XP on the first partition, and lastly Ubuntu on the last partition.

I've attached a picture of the diagnostic install screen.

DSCF5268.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

I'm new to this forum so if I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize.

Well I've gotten rid of the 80-connector error by replacing my IDE cable with a new one but it still freezes with "Still waiting for root device". Anyone know how to get around this or what the fix is. Below is a new picture of the error.

DSCF5283.jpg

Not sure but check the following:

Are you installing to a SATA HDD? (you should)

If yes is AHCI enabled on BIOS?

If it isn't, enable it. Bear in mind tho that if you installed Win XP with IDE mode (instead of AHCI) and you enable the AHCI mode then the XP won't boot.

Are you installing from a SATA optical drive? (you should).

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...