Need to make a DVD...need help

Eric.C

6 posts in this topic

I tried this in iDVD, but it didn't work. I looked in the .dvdproj file, and found the encoded MPEG for the DVD, I waited like 3 days for the thing to encode. Is there a way I can reburn, using that MPEG file and not have to re encode? Also, I need to audio (which I couldn't find in the audio folder :(). Can I use VLC and save it as a track, then import both into DVD Studio and burn?

The mpeg file contains the video and audio streams, you need to demux the file to separate the streams and then you can import then on DVD Studio pro, try opening the DVD you created in iDVD with MactheRipper or DVD ripper and demux with them; I know there is a program who can demux mpeg, but i can't remember the name, also if you have a windows machine you can demux with a variety of programs. Good luck. :(

I need help with burning my DVD, I tried but when I pop the burnt DVD into a DVD player, it says incorrect disk. I tried re-burning it, but then iDVD wanted to re-encode the whole movie all over again (which took 3 days) so I cancelled. Is there a way to just use what was previously encoded and burn to a new disk. Also, if I remember correctly, when the disk came out, the UI said done, but there still was this cancel button. I tried putting the DVD back in, but it wouldn't work. Plz, I really need this DVD to be burnt by Monday, if its needed, I also have access to DVD Studio. Thnx

EDIT

I opened the dvdproj package, and found the mpeg file, but there is no audio...I have access to the pro apps if needed...so plz, I rly need to get this to work!

um just because iDVD encoded it once, doesn't mean it saved what it did. If you want to reburn and you didn't archive the project (or better yet save it to a disk image) then you don't have the encoded files... and from what you're making me understand, you don't have the audio that follows the video. So really, there's not much you can do...