DELL Vostro 200 (Slim) w/ iAtkos 1.0i

Gabriel U.

4 posts in this topic

Currently posting using a DELL Vostro 200 (Slim) with iAtkos 1.0i running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1.

Basic Specs:

1.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

1 GB 667 MHz RAM

Installing iAtkos was simple however I neglected to install with any of the options available via the installer other than just the iAtkos patched Mac OS X 10.5.1.

After installing I was unable to change my screen resolution, hear sound, or connect to my network (internet). I tried re-running the installer but selecting certain drivers at a time such as the network driver, graphics and sound drivers however nothing seems to actually be affecting the system.

I had several network cards laying around and decided to pop one into the machine hoping that it would work with a non-integrated card. Luckily for me it Did! I now have a working network card and connection however Leopard picks up the card and lists it as an "Airport" service rather than an "Ethernet Adapter". It doesn't really matter because at least its working.

Now, to anyone else that owns a Vostro that is willing to tinker with it without really relying on it I recommend they give this a try if they want to know what Leopard is like. I already own a powerbook g4 and an iMac (with Leopard) so I gave this a try to see how it would run on a pc that I had.

Here are a couple of things I've noticed from using iAtkos' Leopard:

-Shutting down doesn't really shutdown. It performs a restart.

-If you leave your computer alone for a while it doesn't function properly when you get back. The mouse moves but things don't respond. You have to restart if you leave your computer idle for a bit.

-The CD still needs to be in the drive in order to boot Leopard. I tried to follow the instructions and scripts to make the system auto boot without the cd but they don't seem to work for me.

-Flash video from sites like youtube.com stop playing after 2 seconds. Regular flash objects from other pages seem to work properly but video for some reason stops right on 2 seconds every time. You can drag the position slider and the buffer seems to work. When you drag the slider the video will play again for another 2 seconds and stop.

Here are my requests to anyone that could help me. I'd really appreciate it:

-How can I get the graphics card working?

-How can I get my sound card working?

Thanks to everyone involved in the building of iAtkos, this forum, and anyone that can help me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Currently posting using a DELL Vostro 200 (Slim) with iAtkos 1.0i running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1.

Basic Specs:

1.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

1 GB 667 MHz RAM

Installing iAtkos was simple however I neglected to install with any of the options available via the installer other than just the iAtkos patched Mac OS X 10.5.1.

After installing I was unable to change my screen resolution, hear sound, or connect to my network (internet). I tried re-running the installer but selecting certain drivers at a time such as the network driver, graphics and sound drivers however nothing seems to actually be affecting the system.

I had several network cards laying around and decided to pop one into the machine hoping that it would work with a non-integrated card. Luckily for me it Did! I now have a working network card and connection however Leopard picks up the card and lists it as an "Airport" service rather than an "Ethernet Adapter". It doesn't really matter because at least its working.

Now, to anyone else that owns a Vostro that is willing to tinker with it without really relying on it I recommend they give this a try if they want to know what Leopard is like. I already own a powerbook g4 and an iMac (with Leopard) so I gave this a try to see how it would run on a pc that I had.

Here are a couple of things I've noticed from using iAtkos' Leopard:

-Shutting down doesn't really shutdown. It performs a restart.

-If you leave your computer alone for a while it doesn't function properly when you get back. The mouse moves but things don't respond. You have to restart if you leave your computer idle for a bit.

-The CD still needs to be in the drive in order to boot Leopard. I tried to follow the instructions and scripts to make the system auto boot without the cd but they don't seem to work for me.

-Flash video from sites like youtube.com stop playing after 2 seconds. Regular flash objects from other pages seem to work properly but video for some reason stops right on 2 seconds every time. You can drag the position slider and the buffer seems to work. When you drag the slider the video will play again for another 2 seconds and stop.

Here are my requests to anyone that could help me. I'd really appreciate it:

-How can I get the graphics card working?

-How can I get my sound card working?

Thanks to everyone involved in the building of iAtkos, this forum, and anyone that can help me.

I have a Vostro with the same problem

my settings

Intel G33 chipset, Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz

iPC 10.5.6 kernel

ICH10 SATA driver packaged in iPC

Onboard LAN not working

LAN: Used a 20 usd adapter USB to LAN that works on macs (worked out of the box)If you know what driver works post it below :dev:

Audio: ALC888 driver packaged in iPC

ATI Radeon 2400HD pro ePCI driver not listed in the iPC list. but resolution have to be loaded from start up did not work on OSX (tried many solutions but no luck)

Ditched the Radeon and bought a 35 USD WinFast GeForce PX8400 GS TDH All works but Quartz Extreme:Not Supported You need NVinject 0.2.0 for dual head Not the Works with NVinject 0.2.1

Was able to update to 10.5.8 using Software Update and you should