Acer 5100

Chewy954

13 posts in this topic

Well I'm trying to install Leopard, 10.5.1 on my laptop, here are the specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53(Supports SSE2 and SSE3)

Ram: DDR2 PC2-4200

Video: Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1100

Sound: Realtek HD Audio output

Motherboard: Acer Navarro

Chipset: ATI Xpress 200 (RS480) Rev. 10

Southbridge: ATI SB400

Hard drive: 160gb SATA hard drive

Wireless: Broadcom

Thats pretty much it, any help? :D

I tried the "Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 (32bits)" install DVD.

any ideas?

i get a stack error via vmware <_<

and i get it when i try to make the partition from the DVD, it sees my EXT HDD and my DVD Burner, but not my HDD, a few releases in 10.4.?? did, but didnt install properly, IE, crashed my HDD.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello !

I also have Acer 5100 (in fact myne is 5101)

I tryed every posibility.

I tried with tiger (JaS 10.4.9) , i tried with leopard 10.5 . I even downloaded the dual layer dmg and burn it on a dual layer dvd ...

Nothing

The problem i have is that i don't see my hdd

If i plug in a USB External HDD , that i can see.

I tried with the dmg file , and restore it on my external hdd ... When i got to Startup Disk, there were only " network ".

The poit is that i have a SATA HDD on my notebook

My notebook is an acer 5101 with Turion64, 1 gb RAM, 60 GB hdd, with ati radeon x1100 (i think) vga.

Please tell me what or where i am dooing wrong, or if i have to get other MAC instalation.

Only one that see's my hdd is kalyway, but i get darwin freeze ...

Can you please help us, the Acer Unfortunate ...

I really really really want to be able to use mac on my notebook...

Thank you in advance !

TeDeU

P.S. : Respect what you are dooing here

• 8 months later...

I have an Acer 5100 and have been able to get all the install disc's online to work (kalyway 10.5.1, 10.5.4 idenbe, and a second kalyway install disc). I've gotten them to see the drive to install by using disk utility to format the drive in HFS+ with a MBR partition table, and a FAT32 partition so i can install XP at some point, but once i get it installed it always gets stuck at the apple boot screen, or a black screen if i try to go into verbose mode, or single user mode. I've read that one of the fixes is loading the callisto .kext file for the ATI x1100, but I don't know to load it. Could anyone write up how to add the video kext?

• 2 weeks later...

For most ATI chipsets disable legacy usb support to run OS X with less issues!!!!

For ATI I found that disabling legacy USB Support help a ton!!!! Every time if it's slow or wouldn't install!!!!

For ATI I found that disabling legacy USB Support help a ton!!!! Every time if it's slow or wouldn't install!!!!

• 3 months later...

I have installed Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 on my Acer aspire 5100. Install seemed to go ok but it wont boot. I just get a black screen with a flashing cursor in the upper left corner of the screen. HD has a single partition formatted MBR osx extended journaled. any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

i have the same laptop aspire 5100

i can run the kalyway 10.5.2 i also try with ipc and leo4all 4.1 and show the still waiting for root device

with kaliway te resolution is poor and the sistem run very slow also no wireless and no ethernet and no sound