Dell Vostro 1400!

Super Mario

55 posts in this topic

just installed leopard iATKOS 10.5.1 on my vostro...install went fine, however,

1. speedstep woks, i guess? but, the battery icon still desnt show up.

2. applehda patcher. the vostro has a sigmatel 9228 sound card, from what ive researched. when i run the patcher with the 9228 codec thing, it says to resteart, then it doent work when i restart.

p.s. leopard is WONDERFUL now that the 8400gs is supported! full hardware accel!

edit: speedstep.app now works, and wow does my computer run cold now! i thought it ran fine with vista but man is this thins nice!

problems still:

1. trackpad? ive been looking around at this "alps glidepad driver" but will that work?

2. still cant get sound to work.

also, will be doing a complete writeup soon. cheers!

just installed leopard iATKOS 10.5.1 on my vostro...install went fine, however,

1. speedstep woks, i guess? but, the battery icon still desnt show up.

2. applehda patcher. the vostro has a sigmatel 9228 sound card, from what ive researched. when i run the patcher with the 9228 codec thing, it says to resteart, then it doent work when i restart.

p.s. leopard is WONDERFUL now that the 8400gs is supported! full hardware accel!

edit: speedstep.app now works, and wow does my computer run cold now! i thought it ran fine with vista but man is this thins nice!

problems still:

1. trackpad? ive been looking around at this "alps glidepad driver" but will that work?

2. still cant get sound to work.

also, will be doing a complete writeup soon. cheers!

hey cool, I have a vostro 1400 as well, I'm looking forward to seeing your detailed procedure soon. I tried to get it to work on my laptop but I've been having bad luck, currently I got to the installation part, but it fails with it saying "The installer could not install some files in /Volumes. Hopefully you did something I didn't do that will fix the problem. I think you might have used a different installer or something.

Bump!!

Any chance you can tell us what packages you selected exactly? And any additional information pertaining to speedstep patch (such as did you install it right after the installer when you booted into it the first time?

Thanks.

iatkos works great on the vostro 1400 for me.

speakers don't work. only the headphone port, mem card reader not working, sleep issues, etc.

but all in all. smooth sailing.

i installed it without any other options except the speedstep app, but don't think it shows up.

if you use the speedstep kernel from the link it will show up in the menu bar but with iAtkos I had to use a different AppleACPIPlatform.kext to get battery to show up in the menu bar. I guess to the reason audio only comes out of the headphone port is the patcher can't map the ports right and won't work out of the internal speaker until the new patcher 2.0 is released.

i heard recently linux had the same issue with this type of soundcard where many were only getting sound out of the headphone port. I don't know a whole lot about device drivers but i'm assuming maybe there is something that can be learned from the linux driver improvement. Anyone else think this is possible?

I've got sound in the headphone port, no speakers, no scrolling touchpad (is there a driver for this that works for vostro 1400?), no shutdown, restart, or sleep. Other than that it works, but these problems are driving me nuts. I guess there is just not a fix right now.

To those who claim that their 8400M GS are working, please download some games and see how they run. On my set although the profile says CI and QE are accelerated, game tests prove otherwise. Just try both Windows and Mac versions to see the difference. Over here Windows runs at better than 60FPS. Mac version at somewhere below 8.

To those who claim that their 8400M GS are working, please download some games and see how they run. On my set although the profile says CI and QE are accelerated, game tests prove otherwise. Just try both Windows and Mac versions to see the difference. Over here Windows runs at better than 60FPS. Mac version at somewhere below 8.

I can't say mine is totally working in my Inspiron 1520. Its saying the same things as yours and recognizing only 64mb of VRAM. I only checked because I went to play World of Warcraft and it was slooooww. I'm merely content as of now and I'm eager for updates on the graphics (which will hopefully fix my boot/shutdown/sleep issues) and audio.