PCMCIA 104C:8039 Texas Instruments PCIxx12 on Leopard

6 posts in this topic

Seems like at this time there's no solution. IOPCCardBridge does have a string for xx12 but it doesn't work.

Check this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=29583

I'm able to get my cardbus recognized in my leopard (ToH 10.5). Need to replace IOPCIFamily kext file with the one from 10.4.4. Someone has upload that kext file at the above thread. I also need to change existing entry in IOPCCardFamily's Info.plist to this:-

<key>ACPI</key>

My Machine Model detected as "ACPI" in leopard (check System Profiler).

However, it break USB 2.0 capability and IO80211Family kext file. Maybe we can fix this problem by replacing both kext file with older version. It is useless to be able to get our cardbus recognized but break IO80211Family kext file, if we're going to use pcmcia wireless adapter.

I'm going to try leopard again letter. This time I will try to replace IO80211Family kext file with kext file from 10.4.8.

Hi, my friends, I've just make it done!

I've downloaded a IOPCIFamily.kext that is v1.6(the guy who uploaded it said that it was from Open Darwin).

I replace it and it works!

So I think I need a v1.8 from 10.4.5 for my Jas 10.4.8

amd I need a v1.6 from open darwin for my Leopard 9b18.

thanx all the same to all the friends, it means that I can use my airport, again!

I am a boy, comes from China, and welcome everyone to visit Beijing Olympics 2008.

Now I have another problem, My Atheros AR5001 doent work.

I cannot use the kexts that is from 10.4.8, when I used them, I got a kernel Panic. ah~~

Anyone get a idea for it?

My system is Leopard 9b18

thanx a lot.

I'm able to get my cardbus recognized in my leopard (ToH 10.5). Need to replace IOPCIFamily kext file with the one from 10.4.4. Someone has upload that kext file at the above thread. I also need to change existing entry in IOPCCardFamily's Info.plist to this:-

<key>ACPI</key>

My Machine Model detected as "ACPI" in leopard (check System Profiler).

However, it break USB 2.0 capability and IO80211Family kext file. Maybe we can fix this problem by replacing both kext file with older version. It is useless to be able to get our cardbus recognized but break IO80211Family kext file, if we're going to use pcmcia wireless adapter.

I'm going to try leopard again letter. This time I will try to replace IO80211Family kext file with kext file from 10.4.8.

I'm using PCGenUSBEHCI driver to fix my broken USB 2.0 capability. Since I don't have this kind of problem when using 10.4.8 with IOPCIFamily kext file from 10.4.4, so I just download the one that intended for 10.4.8 (kernel 8.8.1) and it work flawlessly. I got this driver from this thread:-

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=28559

I have replace IO80211Family kext file in leopard with the one from 10.4.8. At first I got kernel panic. In verbose mode I can see AirPortAtheros.kext caused this panic so I removed it. After that my leopard detect my wireless cardbus adapter, Linksys WPC54G, as AirPort. However I cannot connect to any AP/SSID. I can see AP/SSID near me but I can't connect to it. I google and found a strange fix. Not a fix actually, just a workaround. I need to use diagnostic tool to connect to my AP. I access this tool via Safari. When using Safari without any connection, you will see a button to diagnose the problem. That what I use to connect to my AP. I forgot the URL where I got this workaround but it happen to actual mac user too.