My GUI Mods

iThomas

24 posts in this topic

Nice job, are you using Stardock applications such as Windowblinds, IconPackenger and ObjectDock? In my opinion Stardock makes the best customization applications for Windows. In fact, I've purchased Windowblinds and IconPackenger from them. With XP, I couldn't stand the luna theme and icons :)

That OS X mod looks OK, but the font isn't the same as in OS X :( Another good AIO OS X mod package for Windows is fly-a-kite.

Check out this screen of a Vista mod that I had on a XP computer eariler:

vistathemeafter.JPG

Pretty sweet huh?

PM me if you want a link to a guide on how to get it to look like that :)

EDIT: Check out the fly-a-kite site. Its crazy awesome.

That was an older pic.

It's not FlyaKite either.

It looks insanely better now(Need to know how to make everything Lucida Grande)

I had it looking like Vista as well.

Pics attached.

I used: StyleXP, Object Dock, FinderBar, & Yahoo! Widgets.

Also, how do I get iTunes exit, minimize, maximize buttons like they are on a Mac.

post-167637-1199133824_thumb.jpg

post-167637-1199133857_thumb.jpg

Also, how do I get iTunes exit, minimize, maximize buttons like they are on a Mac.

With most apps this can be achieved by using Windowblinds (or I think stylexp does it as well) but with iTunes and Safari (ew) you're SOL.

I'd never use any Stardock product for modding. They usually take up a lot of ram on startup and in the os etc. MSSTYLES FTW!!!!!!!

WindowBlinds doesnt even have a process so it doesnt take any RAM.

• 3 weeks later...
You might wanna rethink that. There were plenty of times where I killed WB from Task Manager.

I know they got rid of it in WB5 but you are right, it does appear to be back in WB6. It it is only taking up 668K on my machine though :P

• 2 weeks later...

Right click it & see what the options are.

If you don't see anything, try to go to a library or somewhere with a windows computer & then, in the system tray right click the ''U3'' icon. You should see an uninstalling button, & there you go!