INTEL PRO 100 VE DOES NOT WORK AFTER SUCCESFUL INSTALL

Hamb0ne

11 posts in this topic

hi all

i had install on my compac p 4 computer which has ATI graphic x200 series inbuild with realtek 8139 ethernet card .

just these two thing i am not able to install.

i mean at the time of installation there are no drivers for 200 series and realtek i dont know why it is not working

please any one tell me which drivers i have to choose at the time installation

I don't know why this worked for me but it did.

I took AppleIntel8255x.kext from an 10.4.8 install and put it directly into the Extensions folder.

add my dev ven id.

repaired permissions and restarted and it worked.

I had tried just replacing it in the IONetworkingFamily.kext, but it didn't work.

I also tried place the leopard AppleIntel8255x.kext in the Extensions folder, that didn't work either.

I hope this helps.

I don't know why this worked for me but it did.

I took AppleIntel8255x.kext from an 10.4.8 install and put it directly into the Extensions folder.

add my dev ven id.

repaired permissions and restarted and it worked.

I had tried just replacing it in the IONetworkingFamily.kext, but it didn't work.

I also tried place the leopard AppleIntel8255x.kext in the Extensions folder, that didn't work either.

I hope this helps.

Put the Device and Vendor ID of your Intel Pro 100 VE to the AppleIntel8255x.kext (Info.plist). Probably your device's ID is not included. Then place the AppleIntel8255x.kext to the extensions folder, CHMOD and CHOWN, remove extensions.mkext, kextload and kextcache. no need to reboot.

hope this helps

Coelacanth

Put the Device and Vendor ID of your Intel Pro 100 VE to the AppleIntel8255x.kext (Info.plist). Probably your device's ID is not included. Then place the AppleIntel8255x.kext to the extensions folder, CHMOD and CHOWN, remove extensions.mkext, kextload and kextcache. no need to reboot.

hope this helps

Coelacanth

How find my Device and Vendor ID?