InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nerd of nerds

i figured you guys might enjoy this...;-)

heeellllooooo!

well, seeing as all this osx86 stuff came out right around the time i was looking into a g3 ibook i decided to go for that instead....(Bday gift...)

in celebration of my new mac computer i decided it would be fun to trick out my compy case with white lights and some apple logos... ;)

here is a pic i took the other day of the "window" (it might end up looking like the apple on an ibook tho :D )

dscf12976zn.jpg

Advertisement

my original plan was actually take a G5 case and stick my pc components inside it...but it is suprisingly hard to get a used G5 case, and also major $$$$$$$$$$ to buy a brand new one. New project might be a G4 Case though.

Wow... that looks almost like a real Power Mac.

When I think of unholy marriages, I'll picture this thread.  You should have gotten a G4 or a G3 case and modded that instead.

well, so i guess you don't like it then...

i wouldn't DARE mod a g4 case! g3? eeeeeew! g5? might put my computer in it, but sure as hell wouldn't mod it...

see, mac cases (for the most part) are already beutiful...

haha that's cool. reminds me back when I was dreaming about taking a G3 case (yeah those cases were blessed hott) and putting a PC into it. But where would I have found a G3 case unless I woulda bought a G3 and then anyone ever managed to do that? what would be great to would be to put a PC in a G4 Cube case, or even a MacPlus or Classic case, but i think it's already been done..

I have a mac plus, still working. No, you can't have the case. Yes, it's been done before with lights and everything. (Cold cathode tubes, uv, the works)

Now for that case... (at least this is what I would do)

-Brush up those edges with a little sanding.

-Add some plexi-glass under it (get good stuff that wont scratch too easy)

-Get some Col-cathode lights + a relay and wire them through the light off your power supply/motherboard, you may need to use a triac relay to do this if the cathodes require more power

-Get some nice acryllic spray paint and make it look "pretty"

Voila, you have THE PERFECT case! (you might even want some faded-white plexi and do kinda like that power-book glowing apple instead)

my original plan was actually take a G5 case and stick my pc components inside it...but it is suprisingly hard to get a used G5 case, and also major $$$$$$$$$$ to buy a brand new one. New project might be a G4 Case though.

Hey, that was my initial intention too! :D)

But after some time spent on seeking around for a genuine G5 case I bought this:

http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/D_PC-800.htm

And it's even better for this one is a Desktop case! G5 PowerMacs are all in Tower cases so mine is a really unique G5 in that aspect! :mellow:)) lol

heeellllooooo!

well, seeing as all this osx86 stuff came out right around the time i was looking into a g3 ibook i decided to go for that instead....(Bday gift...)

in celebration of my new mac computer i decided it would be fun to trick out my compy case with white lights and some apple logos... :D

here is a pic i took the other day of the "window" (it might end up looking like the apple on an ibook tho :D )

dscf12976zn.jpg

Now for that case... (at least this is what I would do)

-Brush up those edges with a little sanding.

-Add some plexi-glass under it (get good stuff that wont scratch too easy)

-Get some Col-cathode lights + a relay and wire them through the light off your power supply/motherboard, you may need to use a triac relay to do this if the cathodes require more power

-Get some nice acryllic spray paint and make it look "pretty"

Voila, you have THE PERFECT case! (you might even want some faded-white plexi and do kinda like that power-book glowing apple instead)

That's amazing, nerd of nerds and Sentertainement you wrote this in 2005 and I start this in 2008 and finish the window in 2013. And I have just read you today.

img5410hx8.jpg0502091929cv9.jpg2312121233.jpg20121223162141.jpg