Asrock ConRoe 1333 D667

13 posts in this topic

Hi all, my brand new Asrock conroe 1333 d667 with Bios version 1.3 and celeron 420 cpu will NOT boot my successfully patched and installed Brazilmac 10.5 installation, i have tried everything, resetting permissions, setting my osx86 partition as active through terminal,etc. with no luck, does anybody have any ideas

Just wanted to know hows it going with the asrock conroe 1333. Did you manger to instal yet? If so what installer worked. I have this board I plan to install os x86 soon. I'll let you know how it goes.Just saw in another one of your post that you returned the board. Sorry to here that. I hope everything goes well with your new board.

actually, i decided not to return it, because talked to someone who has a working installation on the asrock conroe 1333 d667 with kalyway 10.5.1, i'm downloading it right now; just to let u know u might have to downgrade ur bios to 1.3, some people say its required

BIOS 1.3 is required i guess. i tried 1.4 and above non worked. i also tried almost all installers, well before kalyway 10.5.1 and iATKOS v1.0i came out.

im using Kalyway 10.5.0 9A527. everything's working fine except for Audio Input. else works like charm.

I'm guessing since Bios 1.3 is required, that the new wolfdale processors won't work with os x 86 and this board . According to Asrock website you need bios 1.6 and above. This is a bit disappointing since I was planning on buying a wolfdale next month.

mine ends in a reboot loop - any idea?

I installed kallyway 10.5.1 (vanilla)

ConRoe1333-D667 V1

P1.30BIOS

Core 2 Duo E4700 (Allendale)

Using GMA950 (X1950 is not shipped yet)

I installed it to a ATA Drive (slave on the IDE bus)

Are there any important BIOS settings to do?

All i changed is:

1) two voltage settings at the bottom of chipset page to HIGH

2) Suspend to RAM setting to AUTO

• 3 months later...

Got it working with leo4all v3, disabled hyper-threading in bios because it wont enter installation, chose the correct drivers for everything except for audio, i tried alc886. anyone knows where to get the correct kext for this?

• 2 weeks later...

I used Leo4allv3 and Kalaway 10.5.1, got both to work, leo4all has more options, it installs and boots OK, but so many apps dont work, it sees all the other macs on my network as PC's, wont access shares itunes libraries , doesnt give the option of screen sharing to another system (because it thinks they are PCs_

im reinstalling not with vanilla and efi8, see how that goes.

as for Audio, I got it to work using the top listing, not the AC97, but the otherone Azillia or something, sound worked well (didnt try inputs though)