Creating a Hackintosh

Not Adam Roach!

3 posts in this topic

I am going to create a "hackintosh" on my other IDE hard drive. It is 80GB, I need some help on what I will be expecting.

Specifications:

Motherboard: Evga 680i LT SLI

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Conroe @ 2.66ghz

Video Card: Evga Nvidia GeForce 8800GT Superclocked

Hard Drive: Western Digital 80GB IDE

I have seen some threads about the 680i, and it seems to be tricky. I can handle that, I like to tinker. I am questioning the 8800GT since people say that there isn't much support for it, I got it working with NVInject but there were some weird artifacting issues, I will wait until there is support for it to start this hackintosh, or if there is, please tell me. The processor is Intel, which is good, I suppose, since there a intel mac's. I had it working on leopard before, but only one core was working. I am going to install tiger instead of leopard, because, to be honest, I like tiger, it looks cleaner to me, and isn't as new, so I am guessing it has better support for hardware. I am currently downloading "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso" from a "website" that I shall not speak of :) . I want to also know if this will be good for my current setup. Also would it be possible at all to have SATA support to install it on? I would like to use my SATA for this since it is much faster. Thank's for any help and I can't wait to try this!