Help With Blkinking Cursor plz...this is urgent

Eric.C

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I've done everything I could think of...I tried GParted, but that doesnt seem to do anything (when I boot to Gparted, its as if I didn't do anything at all, still the cursor) and I've tried to use EFI emulation. But my clean disk images are locked up in that HFS+ external HDD, and I'm on Vista 64 (the only install disk other than Ubuntu I have)... I can't use Ubuntu cuz it won't recognize ANY blank CD I try, it always says plz put in a blank disk...I have a proj that's on the 7th, and I backed up the iWeb files that I need, but I need to finish it so I can hand it in on Monday...plz I rly need this...I hope someone can help

Well, I managed to get GParted working, added the boot flag, but the thing still won't boot (stuck at blinking cursor), any help?

Here's what I tried so far:

Boot MBR

won't boot

Boot Macbook

booted to GParted, got the GUI, messed up colors and contrast, marked partition for boot

Boot MBR *again after making partition for boot

Booted, but with command line (and I don't know what to do in it...)

btw, I've read somewhere that there should be 2 partitions, 1 for EFI, 1 for the OS, I only saw 1 partition in GParted ;)

also, I found this makeactive command the 2nd time i booted to MBR, but I couldnt figure out how to use it

here's my system specs if anyone needs it

DVD: iATKOS v1.0i

Processor: Core 2 Duo E6600

Mobo: Asus P5B

RAM: 2GB kingston DDR2 677

HDD WD 320GB

Gfx card: MSI GeForce 7600GS 256MB

o yay! I got it to boot, I just booted tothe brazilmac dvd, then left it to run when it says press enter to install OS X, then it decided to boot off of my HDD for some reason :)...anyone knows how I can get it to boot without the DVD?