Leopard Installation on Asus P5LD2

fubeb

9 posts in this topic

Hello

The specs of my system are listed in my sig. The software might not be correct anymore as i am upgrading.

Last night, i began a installation attempt on my machine to try to install leopard 10.5.0. I followed several guides carefully (This and This one). I had a original Leopard disc image so i followed the instructions to patch it on my Tiger system (before i formatted to install leopard). Everything went okay there so i went to install leopard.

After i installed leopard and applied the post install patches, the machine will not boot, a line simply appears as if its trying to load something and nothing happens. If the leopard disc is in the machine, the machine will go into a reboot loop.

As a result, i tried installing leopard again, but this time after install, i tried these instructions instead. I didnt follow the steps where i had to use the Kalyway install disc to prep the system, however.

So...is it just my hardware doesnt support leopard or is there something i need to add or change to my install procedures or should i just download a new disc image? Any suggestions or recommendations?

Help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, sorry for the delay, i did not get a chance to install the kalyway version until earlier today

So the problem is now that i cant even get past the install stage.

First time i tried, it errored with "18 minutes left", after trying two more times (giving me a error message with "about one minute left") i dont know what's going on

Heres a screen shot of the error

post-125281-1201675004_thumb.jpg

Any ideas? i've tried some bios tweaks but im not sure what to aim for (i followed some of the tweaks outlined here: http://lifehacker.com/348653/install-os-x-...cking-required)

I have successfully installed Leo on my P5LD2 based rig (with Pentium4 531 on-board) with ToH RC2 disc. Just after the installation i've applied the postpatch to fix leopard booting (i'm dual booting with an xp by the chain method, both systems are installed on a sata drive with MBR partition scheme).

Now i've switched to pentium dual core (my P5LD2 is rev 2.0), and installed 10.5.1 via software update (with the postpatch i've installed EFI v8). Almost everything seems to work just fine "out of the box" (except for ALC882 which is fixed via Taruga's patcher and codec dump). No issues found (yet) {fingers crossed ;) }

Regards,

Michal

needs core 2 duo processor,...

had reboot problems too, could not get it to work,...

kalyway or iatkos,... on celeron cpu,...

got an 2ghz core duo, purrs like a kitten,...

kalyway, efi, vanilla, sleep, p5ld2-vm 2.0

you might be able to get it to work, with the new kalyway for SSE2,...