Kalyway 10.5 with Asus P5b - HELP

firesoldier845

3 posts in this topic

Looking for some advice/help. I Asus Pb5 with 8800GTS video card. Tried installing Leo with the Kaly 10.5 disk and having some issues. My DVD is SATA and loads the DVD fine. I have the Jmicron controller disabled in BIOS cause nothing is hooked up to the PATA ports. If set my SATA to AHCI in BIOS then the install hangs at the Apple screen - can't recognize the HD. If I set SATA to IDE loads installer fine. Setup my drive for GUID boot (I only want to run OSX on this machine) and select the GUID bootloader option as well as all the other options for my hardware.

Problem is the video card I think. If I don't select a video driver then the installer always says failed. I have an 8800GTS and no drivers for that on the install options. I tried using the other nvidia drivers and Kalyway installs fine but then when I reboot at the end the system hangs with a flashing cursor.

Also I am not sure how and what options are needed in the Bios, I probably have them all screwed up. I've tried various BIOS options, even turning Jmicron on just to see what happens and nothing works.

I have a spare GF7900 laying around that I am putting in now to try and narrow down if it is video related. I am hoping it will boot and LEO will install then I will install the GF8X drivers and switch out cards and see if that works. Any help, suggestions or tips??

I have:

Asus P5B

WD250gig SATA hard drive

Samsung SATA DVD

2 gigs RAM

8800 GTS video card.

cheers

fs

Looking for some advice/help. I Asus Pb5 with 8800GTS video card. Tried installing Leo with the Kaly 10.5 disk and having some issues. My DVD is SATA and loads the DVD fine. I have the Jmicron controller disabled in BIOS cause nothing is hooked up to the PATA ports. If set my SATA to AHCI in BIOS then the install hangs at the Apple screen - can't recognize the HD. If I set SATA to IDE loads installer fine. Setup my drive for GUID boot (I only want to run OSX on this machine) and select the GUID bootloader option as well as all the other options for my hardware.

Problem is the video card I think. If I don't select a video driver then the installer always says failed. I have an 8800GTS and no drivers for that on the install options. I tried using the other nvidia drivers and Kalyway installs fine but then when I reboot at the end the system hangs with a flashing cursor.

Also I am not sure how and what options are needed in the Bios, I probably have them all screwed up. I've tried various BIOS options, even turning Jmicron on just to see what happens and nothing works.

I have a spare GF7900 laying around that I am putting in now to try and narrow down if it is video related. I am hoping it will boot and LEO will install then I will install the GF8X drivers and switch out cards and see if that works. Any help, suggestions or tips??

I have:

Asus P5B

WD250gig SATA hard drive

Samsung SATA DVD

2 gigs RAM

8800 GTS video card.

cheers

fs

Hello there, I have the same MOBO, try SATA set to ACHI in BIOS and Jmicron set to ACHI it should then boot and you can install, the video card is a different matter, there are a few NVinject kexts getting around although your series is not supported, otherwise go to the nvinject site to see if any progress has been made with drivers, hope this helped a little, good luck mate, cheers Plucka

I have the same mobo...but when I try to install, the options button (where you select packages) are greyed out, any ideas why? Is it because I already have a leopard installation of the disk? Also, my SATA disk is displayed as an external HD, any ideas why?