DG31PR goes well

Zitro

49 posts in this topic

Hi, i have this mobo, and everithing is fully work, except the sleep function, my pc goes to sleep very well and nothing that I can press or push to wake up... it only stay in sleep forever until restart.

The front panel audio work for me with this post, thanks to taruga, the intel chipset audio appear now in the system profiler and have multiples out/in, including front panel but if you use headphones in front panel you must to choose this output in sytem preferences/audio.

my bios version is 52, I upgrade to the version 53 but the things gone bad, the usb dont work very well, and take much time to turn off or restart, then go back to bios version 52.

this mobo works great... the only problem is that no wake up from sleep...

• 1 month later...
Anyone have any ideas why my USBs dont work?

All BIOS for this board above 0052 cause problems with USB and other stuff with osx86. Revert to 0052 and you will be okay.

I have a couple of these boards with Q6600 quad-cores at 2.4ghz working very well with 8600GT NVidia cards going dual head. Audio, networking, ..., everything works except wake from sleep and shutdown will sometimes reboot rather than staying off (weird).

Does anyone have a solution to the wake-from-sleep problem with these boards yet?

I am also curious if anyone has done any benchmarking with various SATA drivers that work with this board to see if there are speed benefits to certain drivers. The speed I am getting is acceptable, but I think it should be higher than it is. These boards are advertised as SATA II, but the intel specs don't mention it, so I am confused if these boards are or are not SATA II. Anyone know?

The only thing that really sucks is the 4gb limit on memory.

Oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone get sleep/wake working with this DG31PR board? I have tried many combinations but always get the 4 beeps and reboot when I try to wake. It would not sleep until I got drivers for my card- hDd would stop but nothing else- the HDD would wake fine too.

S1/S3 setting in Bios seems to have no impact, fans off even with S1 setting.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone have any ideas why my USBs dont work?

I'm also having a USB problem and I'm not sure if it is Bios or OS related. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. The problem that I'm having is that when a USB device (ei. usb Hard drive) is plugged in while the the computer is running it is not reconized until the system is rebooted. Everything else works Except of Sleep.

system specs

DG31PR w/BIOs version 47

Intel Q6600

4gb 800mzh ddr2 ram

Xfx 8600gt

method of install Kalway 10.5.2

Thanks,

Scott

I have this board with a 8500gt video card. Wake from sleep works perfect for me. I used the NVinstaller v.52.pkg I think to get my video card working correctly. I dont think I ever changed any Device Ids in any kexts manually, but I do have a foggy memory of a scrpt which may have, I am not too sure. If you need anything from me and can tell me specifically what you need, i would be happy to help.

• 1 month later...

I bought the same board last week, managed to get everything woking except the intel gma 3100, then i decided to do a dual boot and the lan stop working, i even try installing ideneb 10.5.5 again, but nothing, any of you guys knows whats happening here?

Forget what i said earlier, zitro pointed out that i need to disconect mi power cord and then go to mac because i have xp installed too

• 2 weeks later...

I am not having the static your saying that you have, my only problem is the sleep. I am trying to figure out what it is, I updated to the latest bios, when I set it to S1 the monitor goes to sleep and doesn't wake up, it beeps 4 times and reboots, so I set it to S3 now it wakes fine from idle, but when I told it to go to sleep and I hit it so it can wake up, it beeps four times and reboots.

• 3 weeks later...

sleep is not and will not be supported. use PC_EFI 9 and use the deep sleep widget.

i am now using the latest bios 0059 with iPC 10.5.6 (original, no *.pff's)

i checked:

base system

9.5.0 Voodoo kernel

Intel ICHx Sata Drivers

ALC 888

Patched USB drivers

PS/2 Keyboard fix

AppleSMBIOSEFI

works excellent... no problems... and now that you can use past BIO0052 you can use virtually any processor ;)

EDIT:

forgot to mention: still no front panel audio

ALC888 (in ipc i used the new alc888 kext)

• 5 months later...

After many hours I finally got the mic working.

MIC in work

Line Out work

Front Panel: didn´t test - don´t have one.

Download and extract attach file alc888mic.zip.

Just put the 2 kexts files in /System/Library/Extensions with the program "Kext Helper".

Then delete the file Extensions.mkext from the /System/Library/ folder.

Final step open Disk Utility, select your mac disk and press the button "Repair Disk permissions"

Reboot.

GOT SKYPE WORKING WITH MIC!!

Thanks to Tarugas Patch.

Hope it helps

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/style_emo...umbsup_anim.gif

alc888mic.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have just put together a machine that will work for me, M/B is the Intel DG31PR and the Processor is Intel E7200. I have tested everything in Windows and all is in working condition.

This afternoon I was following instructions for installing a retail version of OS 10.5. I did get the machine to boot, the retail disk was put in and the starry sky shows up. However, after that my machine just sits at the screen and the color wheel turns. About every 5-7 minutes my CD Rom spins up for about 30-45 seconds. After that, nothing new happens.

I am assuming that if I get this far, the boot disk I am using is working, but I don't know. Can anyone please either direct me to somewhere I should look for an answer, or else pass along some advice?

If I need to give anymore vital information, please let me know. I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi DG31PR users... this is to confirm that after updating Snow Leopard to 10.6.2 this board is still goes well...

please see my sig for your reference. ;)

Yes!!! My DG31PR is fully functional with Snow thanks to the posts:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184472

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=182163

But after update to 10.6.2 yesterday I got a freeze after login (leaving the PC resting) ... I'm checking ...

• 4 months later...

Hi DG31PR users,

10.6.3 is now out... any you guys encountered any problem during the update? I read that sound may not be working again unless you use the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext

Hope to hear from you guys soon, I am still contemplating to upgrade eheheh....

• 11 months later...