My Hardware List

Berzerker

7 posts in this topic

I was going to see if I could install OSx86 on my Dad's computer (which was formerly mine before I got this MBP). I just wanted to check if the parts are compatible.

Motherboard: ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E6600

RAM: Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PDC22G6400LLK and 2GB of PNY RAM, same specs

GPU: 2x nVidia 8800GTS 640MB (I assume SLI is not supported, so I can take one out.) (G80 based)

Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi or ADI AD1988B onboard

HDD: 1 160GB Seagate SATA, 1 100GB Maxtor SATA (planned to install on this one)

CD Drives: 1 Lite-On IDE, 2 LG (1 IDE, 1 SATA)

Networking: If supported, a Wireless N Belkin USB Pen (model number F5D8053), otherwise an F5D7001 Belkin Wireless G adapter

The thing is, I'm worried about the video, sound and networking, if those are going to be supported.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also: I was going to try and install Leopard and possibly update to 10.5.1 and .2 when it comes out

Ok, it seems as though whatever is listed there that I have works, but the wireless USB isn't listed there and the sound isn't listed there. However, there are other creative products that aren't working, so I assume I'll have to use the onboard.

Many things are YMMV when it comes to OSX86. My motherboard is listed as "Everything works with Vanilla Kernel", yet not everything works: for example, my Soundcard. I didn't install any drivers for it yet tho, because I'm unsure as to which one will work, so yeah, basically YMMV. Good luck on your Hackintosh!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...