Install "Screen Sharing" app from Leopard into Tiger

kocoman

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried it?

You can copy it from /System/Library/CoreServices/Screen Sharing.app and run it on tiger...

pls test if anyone has time. thanks

Its like trying to get Leo's Mail to work on Tiger. It was compiled for the newer OS and it wont even budge on the older OS.

I tried it on a fresh 10.4.8 as a test (I forgot to bring the 10.4.11 disc far away from home)

but it doesn't work...

Mac OS X Version 10.4.8 (Build 8L2127)

2007-12-24 17:51:00 -0500

2007-12-24 17:51:03.660 SystemUIServer[123] lang is:en

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ScreenSharing.framework/Versions/A/ScreenSharing

Referenced from: /Screen Sharing.app/Contents/MacOS/Screen Sharing

Reason: image not found

Dec 24 17:52:12 t1-s-computer crashdump[191]: Screen Sharing crashed

Dec 24 17:52:12 t1-s-computer crashdump[191]: crash report written to: /Users/t1/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Screen Sharing.crash.log

dyld: Symbol not found: _kUTTagClassOSType

Referenced from: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ScreenSharing.framework/Versions/A/ScreenSharing

Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices

Dec 24 17:54:59 t1-s-computer crashdump[207]: Screen Sharing crashed

Dec 24 17:54:59 t1-s-computer crashdump[207]: crash report written to: /Users/t1/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Screen Sharing.crash.log

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices

Referenced from: /Screen Sharing.app/Contents/MacOS/Screen Sharing

Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices: unknown required load command 0x8000001F

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreSerProxy-Connection: keep-alive

Cache-Control: max-age=0

ces: unknown required load command 0x8000001F

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices

Referenced from: /Applications/System Preferences.app/Contents/MacOS/System Preferences

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices: unknown required load command 0x8000001F

Referenced from: /Applications/System Preferences.app/Contents/MacOS/System Preferences

Referenced from: /System/Library/CoreServices/mcxd.app/Contents/MacOS/mcxd

Referenced from: /Applications/Mail.app/Contents/MacOS/Mail

I like how Screen Sharing App is way faster than VNC over the same connection. hopefully someone will be able to reverse engineer the protocol properly someday and make it run on Tiger

----

edit: just installing Apple Remote Desktop fixes the problem... now I can run "screen sharing" via ARD in Tiger to connect to Leopard at full speed...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried on my actual macs. Main system is a Quicksilver 10.5.2

Sent the app to my Sawtooth 10.4.11

I went and launched the app on the Sawtooth and it just opened and then right away vanished from the dock. I think it's a Leopard only app.

• 1 year later...
Has anyone tried it?

You can copy it from /System/Library/CoreServices/Screen Sharing.app and run it on tiger...

pls test if anyone has time. thanks

Hey i tried it on my desktop and it is working after i made some changes. Any how thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...
Hey i tried it on my desktop and it is working after i made some changes. Any how thanks for the info.

What changes did you do to make it work?

Would there be other apps to install that would allow the use of the screen share app?

I know I can use VNC but I would like to use the screen share program.

Please let me know how this can be done...or if there is another program that works as natively other than apple remote desktop and with what specifications.

• 8 months later...